The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Wax moths

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scottishbluebird Posted - 03/03/2012 : 21:54:04
When i get wax worms for ferret and gecko, for Fudge he does not get many as fattening. But when they pupate i gave them to ferret, i didnt know Fudge would enjoy trying to catch the moths.
What do i put them in, do i need food/water crystals for them?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 05/03/2012 : 22:42:01
I know how you feel, it really does not look like Fudge eats any cgd and only droppings as proof
lotabob Posted - 05/03/2012 : 21:11:59
Harley wont unless I dip her nose in it, dont like doing that though. She is just a fussy Gek! She is developing right and growing so she is eating and her bones are fine etc which is my biggest worry but she is OK I just worry because she leaves no trace of eating other than little poops.
scottishbluebird Posted - 04/03/2012 : 22:13:02
I put some cgd on my finger just so i know that Fudge will eat it!
lotabob Posted - 04/03/2012 : 20:05:16
She has barely been eating anything over the winter, a real pain in the bottom, though I'm monitoring her weight and she has gained a bit. I have repashy in for her 24/7 and I think she is surviving by a few licks a week. I give her 2 insects a week that are calcium dusted just to keep me happy.
scottishbluebird Posted - 03/03/2012 : 23:48:44
Thanks for that. Any chance of seeing Harley go after them?
lotabob Posted - 03/03/2012 : 23:36:00
Nothing, they dont eat, they only become moths to mate and die. You could keep them in a pot put some powdered weetabix mixed with honey in the bottom, so its still crumbly but if you squeeze it, it will hold together until you crumble it again. Put a few strips of cardboard in and the moths should lay you some eggs that will become more wax moths, free food! (I have a tub setup like this, they seem to like it, just getting the moths through now)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000