The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 FAO cat owners

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScalySituation Posted - 01/02/2012 : 19:43:52
Hi all

I know this isn't a reptile but I'm looking for some advice...

When we get more kitty litter in the next coupla days I'd like to try the clumping stuff, I was just wondering if any of you use it and find it easier to clean out than the non clumpy :)

Thx in advance

Scaly :)
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 10/02/2012 : 18:47:10
thx :) xx
nickyff Posted - 09/02/2012 : 22:36:16
scaly- if he went in the bath when he had no choice he was probably just doing his best not to get in trouble- he chose a place to go that creates the least snell/mess/cross humans..
some cats will try their best to keep you happy, even when they're pretending to be all aloof and independent...
My male cat didn't like using a tray when he had to be indoors for a bit after his Special Op-, instead he used to go in the bathroom and poo on the floor behind the toilet. I was convinced he'd been checking out what the humans do, and was trying to do the 'right' thing.....Angus is very likely in the habit of going outside, as he came to you with a 'hungwy an homeless' cardboard sign, and a man-on-a-string... but he sounds like he's an intelligent sort of a chap who'll avoid narking you off if he can. .
all in all an excellent addition! congrats on yr sanitary cat

-it's going to take a helluva lot of cat-litter to fill a bath tho.......
ScalySituation Posted - 09/02/2012 : 16:47:35
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Does it not smell of pine, I know when I used stuff like that it used to pong of a small forest lol.

Doesnt reek, just keeps the smell of cat pee away :)
Dancross0 Posted - 09/02/2012 : 16:02:03
I used the cheap Asda stuff. My cat Dex was only using it for a month (although, he did have to use a tray for 6 weeks last year, he got run over and had his pelvis broken in 3 places); he now has a catflap.

Sta~ple Posted - 09/02/2012 : 14:39:38
Does it not smell of pine, I know when I used stuff like that it used to pong of a small forest lol.
ScalySituation Posted - 09/02/2012 : 10:50:58
This stuff is awesome!! no smell at all!
ScalySituation Posted - 08/02/2012 : 15:42:19
changed to this stuff today...

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/cat-litter+trays/wilko-wood-based-cat-litter-15ltr/invt/0070462/?htxt=4feeykGPBOuP%2BxCR37Z0%2B8jDwNWecMG93hjcdyD5fPrqSCuq1kOnjTvEVCayqQm8zVqFpHQ%2B%2B77X%0AfCbHygh28A%3D%3D

His other litter must have been dirtier than it looked as he pooed in the bath this morning mind you if he's gonna go outside his litter thats not too bad a place really
ScalySituation Posted - 04/02/2012 : 14:04:45
okies will stick to this one then :P

Red, theres a coupla piccies of him at the end of this post :)
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21677
Simmy_82 Posted - 03/02/2012 : 07:09:00
I used the clumping stuff once. It's a right pain.
Red123 Posted - 02/02/2012 : 21:17:09
We use Tesco value or Asda Smartprice cat litter. It does stick to the bottom of the litter tray but we use a wallpaper scraper to remove it from the tray and not had it sticking to their paws. We have in the past tried paper litter, wood pellets and shavings but one of our girls is a very large lady, alot bigger than most, weighs 14 lb and is NOT fat. The litter tray use to tip over when we had litter in it that had no weight to it. Not pleseant for us or the paw cat.
Have you posted a pic of Angus yet?
ScalySituation Posted - 02/02/2012 : 18:27:32
He's soooooooo cute, he behaved stupidly well at the vets! didnt get outta his box :P
Gotta take him back nxt week to take away his manliness, the vets gave us a free cat box lol
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/02/2012 : 18:24:14
Glad you have a new addition to your family
ScalySituation Posted - 02/02/2012 : 15:33:31
might give the clumpies a go once, cos everyone has different opinions ;)
Found out today that Angus is going to be staying with us :)
So chuffed, can't stop smiling :)
paulie78 Posted - 02/02/2012 : 11:18:58
My cats are flat cats they dont go out they were rescued at a very young age and were very sick after i got them well i started taking them out into the garden supervised but they really didnt like it at all so they are more than happy to stay indoors hades is very fussy about the cleanliess of his litter tray and once hes done his buisness wont use it again till its clean lol
Sta~ple Posted - 02/02/2012 : 08:23:29
None, I kick all 4 cats ****s into the garden where they go in next doors bushes or trees and do their business! Can't get them to use a litter box at all. WE used to use like grey cheap cat litter, that clumped well I think XD
scottishbluebird Posted - 02/02/2012 : 01:51:43
I just use tesco value
tordyjo Posted - 01/02/2012 : 23:39:53
my cats won't use litter at all now, think it must be 8 years or more since they used a tray, they always go outside. I recently had to keep one in because he had an infection so put a tray out, he held on for more than 24 hours and point blank refused to use the tray, for his own comfort i had to open the flap for him to go toilet, can't have been good for him holding on that long. When they did use a tray i tried both the wood pellets and the cheapy stuff, i liked the wood pellets as there was less waste but was a b**g*r to clean out but found it smelt less than the cheapy stuff.
Spreebok Posted - 01/02/2012 : 22:48:10
We use sainsburys value stuff for out cats, works fine.
Mum tried wood pellets a while back, and they refused to use it, pooping elsewheere. Stuck them back on the cheap stuff and they were fine.
paulie78 Posted - 01/02/2012 : 21:24:53
I use the cheapy cat litter i just dont see the point in spending lots on stuff for the cats to poop in lol ive tried them on the recycled paper based litters and the wood pellets in the past and they didnt like it too much so went back to the el cheapo type my mum swears by the white crystal type cat litter that clumps and changes colour when its dirty but my cats refused to use that lol
ozziesmum Posted - 01/02/2012 : 20:07:34
Hi Scaly, they're usually clay based so it does clump but the clumps are very sticky and tend to stick to the litter tray which makes scraping them out quite messy it's also very dusty when dry and unless you have a covered tray it'll end up all over the floor. When the kitties use the tray if their feet get wet the little lumps of litter stick to their feet and get walked over the floor as well. The best one i've found is the pine pellets as there's no dust and no mucky footprints, it's compressed pine sawdust and when the kitties wee the pellets absorb it all and swell up and convert back to sawdust they absorb the smell as well. I think you can also get the pelleted paper as well but I've never tried that.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000