The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Escaped brown crickets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/12/2011 : 01:59:37
how do these things escape? just found 2 of them in my living room, they are kept in a tub in the bedroom, fair enough both close, but grrrrrr. Dont know how many are gone, too small to make noise.
Thought they were annoying when they sound like popping popcorn in bedroom, but least they were they should be! least if go on floor one of the dogs, cat and ferret will eat them
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stuart619 Posted - 31/12/2011 : 08:12:17
That's why I use locust now. Plus the sound of the cricks keep me awake
scottishbluebird Posted - 31/12/2011 : 01:34:13
lol, i love your dog! like i said, got cat ferret and one of the dogs to eat the little sods, felt sorry for other dog, was feeding ferret a few wax worms, she saw it, didnt know it was alive, spat it out in horror was so funny!
Thing is dont locusts have wings? and the roaches are just nasty!
lotabob Posted - 30/12/2011 : 21:34:39
You need a cricket eating giant ginger fur monitor like the one I have, keep him close by just in case there are any escapees.

Can't believe the comedic timing in my life, I was just searching a decent picture of the dog to put on this post and he suddenly bolts and catches a cricket walking across my living room. It was massive, I dont get them that big so its clearly been doing OK for itself in its freedom.
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/12/2011 : 20:22:15
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

They are gonna breed and infest your house!

then wont have to buy any!
eeji Posted - 30/12/2011 : 20:05:24
wait until they get behind your skirting boards and breed! GGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!
Laws Posted - 30/12/2011 : 19:14:00
i have managed to find a few big ones and i have no idea how they got out , they are in a cricket keeper and all holes have been secured! i hate hate hate them and always get sarah to deal with them for me . i just dont kno how they get out!
Emmy1 Posted - 30/12/2011 : 18:53:09
They eat through the plastic tubs we get them in. I don't mind picking them up when the odd one jumps out the tub when you first open it, but my Mum faffs when they escape, so usually we end up with at least 2 escapers when she feeds the lizards.
Sta~ple Posted - 30/12/2011 : 18:05:05
They are gonna breed and infest your house!
Figs Posted - 30/12/2011 : 15:17:37
Crickets are evil masterminds. They ALWAYS manage to escape
Thats why i switched to locusts and roaches haha

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000