The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Cute vid

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScalySituation Posted - 12/12/2011 : 20:06:38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFgHz2X5FZw&feature=related epic vid i especially like the teeny weeny hoggie at 3mins ish
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
scottishbluebird Posted - 17/01/2012 : 17:57:58
noooooo way!
a33272 Posted - 17/01/2012 : 12:13:45
an that wasnt much of a squeel watch some live feeding videos of adult burms
a33272 Posted - 17/01/2012 : 12:12:53
unfortunately live feeding is pretty much the norm in the states i think
Blackcat Posted - 16/01/2012 : 12:46:07
Currently have no views on live feeding, new to snake keeping, but the squeeling bunny didn't bother me as I'm used to bunny squeels when my terrier is in action rabbitting! It is part of nature and food chains, even my vegetarian Neice has no issues with feeding mice to my corn!
Emmy1 Posted - 15/01/2012 : 23:46:28
I seen this video a while ago, and agree that he is an experienced keeper. I have no problem with live feeding really (I don't practise it, as frozen is much easier), but it is risky business with teeth and claws etc.
lotabob Posted - 15/01/2012 : 22:04:48
sp-bottom lol.

I agree they were a bit boring. I like them to look like a nature scene.
Mort13 Posted - 15/01/2012 : 13:15:24
I thought some of those vivs were a bit sparse and could do with prettying up lol.
The bit where he crapped himself with the False Water Cobra was hysterical!
I personally don't have an isue with live feeding,I've witnessed it and its not half as bad as it seems. Never done it myself though,and I know its something I'd struggle to do but if it was the only option left for a non feeding snake then I'd have to do it.
lotabob Posted - 14/01/2012 : 21:30:39
Looked to me to be an experienced keeper of reptiles with some very nice animals. I would be concerned that an animal that can take down a bunny is been secured with cardboard and tape but accidents happen and you just got to do what you can.

Live feeding does always come with the risk of a squeal (even from mice and rats) but its probably just going to make death even quicker for it as it squeals out the air in its lungs just before it gets constricted. Not sure exactly how efficient he was as stunning/whacking them off a table edge he was either, it probably would be considered animal cruelty in the UK doing this incorrectly but I can understand his theory with the rats as they could bite to the bone very easily he just needs to get it right to justify doing it.
Sta~ple Posted - 14/01/2012 : 20:00:28
I wonder whats with the fancy rubs.
a33272 Posted - 14/01/2012 : 08:36:23
hahaha 7.12 made me laugh
nickyff Posted - 13/01/2012 : 23:43:48
what a ***t. the smirk on his face as he put the rabbit in was horrible. I didn't used to have an opinion on live feedng but now i do.

also confirmed my opinion of americans. i give them chance after chance but never seen or met one that has any qualities to redeem their culture
Vince_the_snake Posted - 13/12/2011 : 07:18:05
quote:
Didnt like the live feeding, when tht rabbit squealed i put it off
The rabbit squealing almost made me cry Nice snakes though but why does he have a yellow and a green anaconda!
scottishbluebird Posted - 13/12/2011 : 01:08:28
Didnt like the live feeding, when tht rabbit squealed i put it off

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000