The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 What a relief!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 14:00:38
My True Olive house snake,Ollivander finally fed for me this morning after over a month of refusing his feeds.
I won't lie,I was getting really worried about the little guy as he was only 8 grams to start with and last week had gone down to 7 grams. You royal owners don't know how lucky you are lol!
Popped a pink in with him last night,he went straight over to it which made me hopeful but when I checked this morning the pink was still there. Took my scales up to weigh him and as I picked the pink up his head popped out of one of his hides. Decided I had nowt to lose after this long so I wiggled it a bit and he struck and devoured it!
Won't be totally happy till I know he's kept it down and digested it,but oh my I really am so chuffed. Might treat myself to a drinky poos tonight!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
paulie78 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 21:16:43
aw yay great news
ravensgirl Posted - 30/11/2011 : 21:12:59
aw I hope he continues to keep feeding for you
Mort13 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 17:22:57
Thanks everyone.
@ Figs - He's always been a great feeder (fed every 5-7 days for the first month I had him). I've only ever drop fed him as that was how he was fed by the breeder and he was always on his food before I put the lid back on. Then just suddenly stopped!
I'd not tried the pinky wiggling before as I was trying to keep everything the same,I'll be trying it next time though if he keeps this down.

Hope you're Hoggie starts feeding for you soon Emmy1.
Emmy1 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 16:29:59
My hoggie hasn't eaten in 4 weeks. Usually it's the otehrside of Christmas that he chooses to be fussy. Next week when I offer him his food, I may soak it in tuna brine. That got him going last time.

Glad Olivander fed! He is a cute snake.
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/11/2011 : 15:18:30
Congrats, hope it stays down, and eats next meal
Kath Posted - 30/11/2011 : 14:51:03
Brill news Mort, glad it went ok, eventually!!
I think you should have champagne tonight... & not stop at one glass either!! hehe.

= u in morn with a hangover lol.
Figs Posted - 30/11/2011 : 14:21:39
Yay Ollivander!
Was he just being a grump for some reason for did you get him as a fussy feeder?
hannah2016 Posted - 30/11/2011 : 14:10:49
aww thats great to hear :) had you tryed moving it around before? keep us updated please :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000