The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Ball python vs Corn snake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ryan_q8 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 19:41:55
Not sure if this has been covered before but thought i would crate the discussion who reckons ball pythons are better than corn snakes either way why?
discuss....
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 02/12/2011 : 09:09:04
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

royals = poo
Corns = yay
Kings = wooyay (with added stupidity)
boas = Woo with intelligence.

Hahaha that's brilliant. Specially since when royals curl up they do look like a curly one sometimes XD And I do have to agree with Eeji, all these people yabbing on that they want x royal morph and it costs like £500 to like a couple of thousand and I see it and it just looks the same as a normal :s
stuart619 Posted - 02/12/2011 : 08:52:26
Some people prefer corns as they are such an easy snake to take care of. Royals can by tricky feeders which put people off but they are both a fantastic snake. I think I'd have to go for Royals though. There is just something about them which I love.
yola Posted - 28/11/2011 : 00:05:33
Much prefer the corns because there very active, great to handle and the variations of colours and morphs.
Ball pythons dont seem to do much atall as they just seem to sit there, they can also be quite troublesome to eat.
My mum got a baby that was feeding as the bloke wouldnt sell any of his snakes until thed eaten concurrently for 2 to 3 months I think it was, she was waiting ages, she then got it after all the feeds and it took a few then stoped eating for 8 months and became very skinny, it finally started eating after I suggested she defrosted the small mouse in a bag and it was still warm, its taken a long time to get it to eat propery and eat the correct size food.
Corns all the way for me lol
ravensgirl Posted - 27/11/2011 : 00:49:17
I love my corns and my royals as much as each other. Our first snake was a Florida Kingsnake and he is amazing but I'm not really a fan of the kings whereas my other half is - we all have our own preferences and different snakes give us different experiences x
eeji Posted - 27/11/2011 : 00:49:06
....and they have peanut heads
lotabob Posted - 26/11/2011 : 20:25:05
I always think they look deflated when they've recently been to the toilet too, like a deflated balloon.
eeji Posted - 26/11/2011 : 19:59:31
....i've just been uploading a load of royal python pics to the morph guide and noticed the babies look like they've been popped with slack flabby skin when they bend :D
eeji Posted - 26/11/2011 : 15:35:03
half of the royal morphs are just pretend morphs that look like normals.
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/11/2011 : 01:59:10
royals = poo
Corns = yay
Kings = wooyay (with added stupidity)
boas = Woo with intelligence.
Sta~ple Posted - 25/11/2011 : 09:55:48
quote:
Originally posted by Ryan_q8

Not sure if this has been covered before but thought i would crate the discussion who reckons ball pythons are better than corn snakes either way why?
discuss....

Your having this debate on the wrong forum.

Kinda hard to choose between a massive fat assed slug evne though apprently they have feeding issues still manage to be fat and ees that come in sugar and rainbows flavours.

Anyway king the world most stupidest kind of snake who love cuddles and tickles and all things sparkly > over royals

I would maybe like a royal one day though, would be nice to be able to talk to someone finally about having a fat bottom.
lotabob Posted - 25/11/2011 : 01:58:42
I think they both have their merits. As a first snake you just cant go wrong with a corn snake (unless you haven't done any research tut tut) where as Royals are a bit more challenging, its a bit of a generalisation but Royals are a bit more stressy than a corn snake and sometimes you need to have the patience of a saint with them (my Royal has just taken his first meal in over 3 months at the weekend, there isn't anything wrong with him, its just what Royals do). The good points of Royals over corn snakes is they dont poo all the time like corns do (My Royal averages a poo every 3-4 months, my corn is twice a week) so they are a cleaner and less smelly snake, they are slower and have some heft to them too so are easier to handle than skinny zippy corns. Also don't forget that a Royal eats big rats, so a months supply of these will fill an entire draw in your freezer and if often forgotten when deciding between the two (for example the rats my Royal is eating are 100-120 grams where as my corns mice are about 20-25 grams so the space of one rat is the same as a months worth of my corns food). Equipment wise they are about the same.

I wouldn't be without either my corn or my Royal but I am glad I started with a corn snake.
paulie78 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 21:43:30
[quote]Originally posted by Ryan_q8

I have my corn he/she (too young to tell) is a legend I would say corns. Why do u think they go for cheap I think it is unfair and under values the species. (ignoring supply demand theory)

[/quote

You cant really ignore the supply and demand factor because thats simply how things work they go cheap because they have been around for a very long time now more and more people are buying them as pets and there are plenty to choose from so the price is low for the more everyday morphs eg amels and carolinas etc
Ryan_q8 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 21:40:07
I have my corn he/she (too young to tell) is a legend I would say corns. Why do u think they go for cheap I think it is unfair and under values the species. (ignoring supply demand theory)
paulie78 Posted - 24/11/2011 : 20:03:59
lol this ones an ooold debate but im gonna have to go with corns because i dont have any royals yet but in my experiance Royals that ive handed just dont seem to do much whereas corns are always on the go (though i know some people prefer royals for exactly that reason lol)
Mamma Posted - 24/11/2011 : 19:59:55
I like both. Pythons have an awesome looking face and corns are so colourful.
adamasrc Posted - 24/11/2011 : 19:50:14
going to have to say corns, due to the look of them :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000