The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Trixie has gone belly up! So exciting!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lotabob Posted - 19/11/2011 : 17:50:32
Yep I thought she was getting ready to moult, checked on her today and she is laying on her back, legs in the air laying on a bed of silk. Now the waiting commences, hope she moults successfully keeps all her limbs in tact and doesn't pop her clogs.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 20/11/2011 : 18:17:16
OMG those photo's,chuffed she's moulted without any issues but the casts are freaky You'll have to get a pic of her up now,I quite like her.
Its funny though,I once sat outside my house for over an hour in the car watching a spider on the wing mirror moulting. Although freaky it was absolutely amazing too The neighbours must have thought I'd completely lost the plot lol!
scottishbluebird Posted - 20/11/2011 : 15:19:01
Glad it went so well, was really amazing when i looked on youtube
lotabob Posted - 20/11/2011 : 14:30:45

It may be just me but I find it fascinating to look at this because you get to have a good look at the body structure without having it trying to bite you lol. You can clearly see the fangs and not so clearly the inverted impression of the mouth inside the moult.

Trixie herself is looking amazing, her 2 weak legs have fully reformed now too which is brilliant I will get some pictures tonight of her if she is out and about.
lotabob Posted - 20/11/2011 : 00:48:28
Yep been on youtube watching videos myself, which is annoying as its happening right now to my own animal but I dont want to disturb her.
scottishbluebird Posted - 20/11/2011 : 00:31:13
That would be so amazing to see, might have a nosey on youtube.....
lotabob Posted - 19/11/2011 : 23:24:24
UPDATE

She is nearly completely out of her moult, just a bit more leg and most of her abdomen to go. Its quite hard to see as I dont want to disturb her but what a fascinating process, I cant wait to see what morning brings.
nusnakemum Posted - 19/11/2011 : 20:12:35
oh hope it goes well !
lotabob Posted - 19/11/2011 : 18:55:03
Not panicking, it wont do any good just got to leave her to it and hope she has done by morning because my roaches are in the same area and I need to feed them but dont want to disturb her.
scottishbluebird Posted - 19/11/2011 : 18:08:12
must admit, id be in a bit of a panic, hope it goes ok!!
Figs Posted - 19/11/2011 : 17:53:25
Woo, little Trixie growing up
Hope all goes well

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000