The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 hognoses!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 24/10/2011 : 23:26:24

im rapidly falling for hognoses can anyone who has some post some pics and tell me a little about them ?
thans
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
manda88 Posted - 03/11/2011 : 15:35:19
Oh and he's in one of those Stewart clear hatchling boxes (well, that's what it's called on Surrey Pet Supplies' site!) the ones that look like Ferrero Rochez tubs, and it's plenty but enough for him for now as he's so mini, but once he's outgrown it he'll probably go in either a 9 or a 12 litre RUB, and then probably something a bit bigger than than once he's reached adult size, but it depends how big he gets I guess!
manda88 Posted - 03/11/2011 : 15:30:13
quote:
Originally posted by Spreebok

Hognoses are made of adorable chubbyness, squished faces and squigglyness. What more do you want?!?

This is my most favourite quote in the world right now!!

I've not had my hoggie long at all, I got him at Doncaster show in September, and I've already figured out that he only likes to eat every 10 days or so for some annoying reason but oh well, he's happy and active so it's all good!
I don't handle him much but when I do he never hisses, he just tries to get away from me, but once he's out he's fine, he'll just sit on my hand or squirm a little bit like a slug, he's a bit dim when it comes to slithering!

Sta~ple Posted - 27/10/2011 : 21:34:56
Wow there noisy for tiny snakes. Though I did giggle more at your kid haha.
scottishbluebird Posted - 27/10/2011 : 21:20:30
lol Yep thats the one, should be framed!!!
Kehhlyr Posted - 27/10/2011 : 20:08:37
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

Mamma, could you do a vid then? K i think you should post that pic aagin (think it was a hoggie?) chomping on a rats ear that was just adorable lol

This one???

scottishbluebird Posted - 27/10/2011 : 19:48:09
Great
Mamma Posted - 27/10/2011 : 19:04:10
quote:
Originally posted by scottishbluebird

Mamma, could you do a vid then? K i think you should post that pic aagin (think it was a hoggie?) chomping on a rats ear that was just adorable lol

a vid of him hissing etc with the feed? I can try with my phone on sunday I will then have to figure out how to get it uploaded but I shall try!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 27/10/2011 : 18:44:17
Mort , ur vid was so funny, maybe after xmas....
Mort13 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 18:12:28
Yep,the huffiness is great. Petal is my fave snake of all to spot clean as I'm always guaranteed a giggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Y0niI0n7E
Mamma Posted - 27/10/2011 : 08:57:07
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

It actually shows a very good thing with hoggies actually.
The amount of times I've had the entire cobra reaction, all the neck puffing up and the hissing and the threats to bite and not once have they ever bitten, it's all been display (which is very entertaining having a tiny bootlace snake try to big itself up).
The only time it bit was when I had the stupidity to handle it when my hands had the scent and taste of foods on it.

Some hoggies do have their little huffs and hisses, but if anything it makes them more endearing.

man you should see vedder!! I have never seen anything so funny! Every feed day james sits in the livingroom and can hear the little dood hissing from the kicthen! He is of course hissing at his feed! Puffs himself right up too. I sit there guffawing in his wee face. Bless.
Kehhlyr Posted - 27/10/2011 : 01:02:54
It actually shows a very good thing with hoggies actually.
The amount of times I've had the entire cobra reaction, all the neck puffing up and the hissing and the threats to bite and not once have they ever bitten, it's all been display (which is very entertaining having a tiny bootlace snake try to big itself up).
The only time it bit was when I had the stupidity to handle it when my hands had the scent and taste of foods on it.

Some hoggies do have their little huffs and hisses, but if anything it makes them more endearing.
kdlang Posted - 26/10/2011 : 21:46:09
Yeah but only cos he was stupid enough to put his hand next to a defrosting rat
lotabob Posted - 26/10/2011 : 18:05:21
Is this the one that 'fanged' you too, sent your hand swelling?
c00ki3z Posted - 26/10/2011 : 14:45:04
At least it's trying to eat a pinkie, just not the right one :P
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/10/2011 : 14:40:24
That has got to be the cutest bite EVER lol
Kehhlyr Posted - 26/10/2011 : 12:12:24
They look really cheery if they ever manage to bite as well:

That face is full of pure smugness
kdlang Posted - 26/10/2011 : 11:58:02
I love my little hoggies. I have more trouble with my male feeding than my female. Both wont eat when blue and also don't seem to like being got out of their fauns before feeding either. Both are fed salmon scented mice in their fauns. They are alot more active than the corns especially in the afternoon/evening and seem to appreciate room to have a clamber about and a dig in the aspen. Mine have been disappointingly docile on the whole but do occasionally decide to have a hissy fit for no reason at all. They don't like being disturbed when they are blue lol.

Mamma Posted - 26/10/2011 : 09:51:10
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

They remind me of having to clean up my dogs poop covered in sand on the beach , they look similar and even have that pinched off appearance face lol.

says he who owns a royal... they look like GIANT poops with a wee snake head on them

ps I have nothing against royals... im about to get one hahahaha
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/10/2011 : 02:39:34
^ ^ lmao ewwwwwww
lotabob Posted - 25/10/2011 : 23:29:27
They remind me of having to clean up my dogs poop covered in sand on the beach , they look similar and even have that pinched off appearance face lol.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000