The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 oily nose

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nusnakemum Posted - 24/10/2011 : 18:25:15
Mrs T still has,nt got rid of her old skin round her nose she,s had a damp hide, i,ve gently rubbed with warm damp cotton bud but its still stuck - would rubbing a bit of olive oil help to shift it ???????
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
nusnakemum Posted - 25/10/2011 : 15:22:02
oh yes this is very true, and i just wish i,d learnt much earlier what great pets these reptiles of ours make
lotabob Posted - 25/10/2011 : 13:22:57
Good stuff. Next time you'll know exactly what to do, its all part of learning how to care for them is going through these little tests.
nusnakemum Posted - 24/10/2011 : 20:37:38
hey that last sauna n nose rub did it yay - shed all done !!!!
nusnakemum Posted - 24/10/2011 : 20:27:19
aaaww thanks all - i put her damp hide inside her favourite warm hide so i,ll give her another go with a gentle rubbing with cotton bud - she,s been in there for most of the day - fingers crossed this,ll do the trick
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/10/2011 : 19:13:36
cant give any tips, but hope you get it sorted!
Simmy_82 Posted - 24/10/2011 : 18:41:27
Mrs T is a Leopard Gecko. Says in his/her sig
lotabob Posted - 24/10/2011 : 18:41:07
If you have a little sandwich box/tubberware type thing, put some air holes in the lid and line it with kitchen roll damp it down with warm water, pop Mrs T in and leave for 30 minutes, after 20-30 mins open the tub and using a cotton bud just gently rub the skin away, if it doesn't come away leave in the tub for another 20-30 minutes and try again. Keep it all warm and dark to keep Mrs T calm. You can also use tweezers to very gently remove the shed but I wouldn't use them just in case you hurt them.
mkmattyk Posted - 24/10/2011 : 18:38:02
how thick am i..... Is mrs T a snake??? she isnt is she?? sorry
mkmattyk Posted - 24/10/2011 : 18:36:21
if i have any shed that arent complete a wet a pillowcase wring out the rest so its just damp then put your snake in tie the top up and keep him in for a couple of mins or if its the nose put a damp cloth inside the pillowcase so the snake has to nose his way thought..hopefully that should help..

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000