The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Hoggies and Leos~

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Karakal Posted - 20/10/2011 : 15:28:34
I just had a little question.. Again.. I seem to have a lot of these recently.. *cough*
I'm off to PRAS on Sunday (woohoo!) and I am hoping to pick up a western hognose and a leopard gecko (or two!). I was wondering what I would be looking to pay for each of these.
What would be a sensible sort of price to pay for a western hognose, preferably male, het's don't particularly matter ?
And the same for a juvenile (I hope!) leo, either gender, normal and/or albino morphs?

Need to count out my pennies!
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Karakal Posted - 21/10/2011 : 07:48:06
Hmmm.. I'm starting to think that we need a battle-plan. Going to have to team up and move together, someone also need to bring along a small child that's willing to start some high-pitched screaming on request in exchange for sweeties..
I feel your rage at idiots with pushchairs. So. Irritating.
Nice one on the super cheap hatchies though!
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/10/2011 : 23:21:03
I missed out on a sub-adult female for 35 quid at the last PRAS show, some berk decided he was gonna get in everyones way with a chuffing pushchair. Ended up getting a hatchie female for 35.
The year before that we got some hatchie leopard geckos for 15 quid each.
Karakal Posted - 20/10/2011 : 21:14:42
Thanks, Figs! :D I feel more prepared!

Uma and bill: Yessss! I have seen how supremely pricey some of the hognose morphs can get! A little bit scary!
I'm hoping to get myself a tremper albino of some kind. From what I've read they appear to be one of the most 'common' albino morphs, and I really like how they look, so I guess that's a bonus? xD
I was assuming that I would be looking to pay something around £30 for a young leo, so I guess I was aiming at around the right sort of price. :]
uma and bill Posted - 20/10/2011 : 20:57:21
they both tend to vary in price depending on the morph, geckos are anything from £20 upwards i paid £25 for mine. im not to sure about hoggies but i saw albino ones at the Donny show for £130.
Figs Posted - 20/10/2011 : 18:19:16
From what i've seen they tend to be more or less the same price
Adult females may be a little more expensive for fancy morphs, but for juvenile 'low end' morphs they should be about the same
Karakal Posted - 20/10/2011 : 18:17:30
Thank you Figs and Mamma! :]
Just hoping for a rough idea of what sort of price range I'll be looking at.

Out of interest, Figs, I notice that there tends to be a slightly higher price on female snakes (only looked at corns and hoggies), does that trend also apply to leos, if you know? Only ask as (if I get a pair) ideally I'd like a pair of ladies.
Mamma Posted - 20/10/2011 : 16:38:53
I got my hoggie from a breeder. He was 20 quid
Figs Posted - 20/10/2011 : 15:45:46
I've seen young normal male hoggies for £30 - £50
and juvie normal/albino leopard geckos for £20 - £40

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000