The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Bull Pythons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cattNmo Posted - 19/10/2011 : 20:23:06
I may have just turned to the darker side. Always kind of liked bull pythons but find the "normal" a little plain. However I have just been looking to so of the different morphs and have fallen in love with a black pewter. But the big questions are 1) comparied to corns what are they like to look after? 2) What are they like personallty wise? 3) How much would I be looking to pay for a baby black pewter?

Thank you in advance for your help
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 20/10/2011 : 11:01:23
not really much to add really to what everyone has said, apart from a price for a black pewter
they can be hard to come by, although with a bit of looking about you would find one, and would expect to pay anywhere between 400-600 depending on sex and quality
lotabob Posted - 20/10/2011 : 00:22:43
Royals are lovely snakes but they are a little bit on the inactive side, quiet, shy. I think of my Royal as a reptilian old bassett hound, just spends all day sleeping in the corner but they are as tame as an old dog too. They fast, this can be for extended periods of time so you have to have the patience of a saint to cope with them. Setup wise they need warmer conditions and a slightly more controlled humidity level (though I do very little to keep it where it needs to be). The obvious thing that is different to a corn is their size, they are heavy bodied (round and fat ) and are quite strong too, they also eat far bigger prey, my Royal is eating Medium Rats and they remind me of Chihuahua's so you need freezer space for those too.

They aren't for everyone but if you are patient and understanding with them they do make lovely pets and I wouldn't be without mine even with all his habits and fussyness.
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/10/2011 : 00:22:00
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

..........i had one, was bored as h**l with it, sold it on, really not my thing!

Put one down somewhere in the lounge and go away for a fortnights holiday, come back and it's not moved and has a protective covering of dust.
Also in that fortnight it eats as much food as it has for the previous 8 months

Seriously, some royals can look nice, however for the novice keeper they can be incredibly worrying if when you get a finicky one.
The equipment isn't massively different to what you would need for a corn, suitable housing, heat source, stat etc. It's the difference in recommended heat source, ideally in a viv they'd be lamp heated so you'd need a guard and a dimmer stat as well.
cattNmo Posted - 19/10/2011 : 21:29:15
my error up ball python.
gingerpony Posted - 19/10/2011 : 20:42:30
"bull python"..............ball (royal) python or bull snake?

though i'm guessing royal by the morphs you stated?
i had one, was bored as h**l with it, sold it on, really not my thing!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000