The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 How to sell/give away GALS?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mort13 Posted - 03/10/2011 : 22:56:16
I've decided I won't be keeping any of the baby GALS that hatched. If I sell or give them away how do I go on about getting them to the interested party/ies?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 28/10/2011 : 12:00:06
Cheers for that Red. Total newb to this and thats helped a lot.
Red123 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 22:18:24
I used a small plastic lunch box with some air holes in it when I posted some. I put the lunch box in a slightly larger cardboard box with newpaper balls all around the lunchbox. I also put a few small holes in the cardboard box with a pen. They all arrived safely.
Mort13 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 21:32:22
Right I'll see if I can find some boxes of the right size then.
lotabob Posted - 27/10/2011 : 21:19:14
They would be better in a tub then in a box with newspaper to hold the tub securely in the middle but still allowing air into the tub, thats how they do it with my live food (roaches, strangely also not in their listing but still permitted through and they are labelled roaches, lol), an envelope wouldn't be strong enough should anything be set on top of them they may be squished, A box at least gives it some rigidity.
Mort13 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 21:14:15
Lol,I thought you may be able to shed some light.
Well they'll be in a small tub packed with moss with that silver radiator stuff wrapped round and then tightly packed into one of those bubblewrap envelopes.
lotabob Posted - 27/10/2011 : 19:35:46
Royal Mail Customer Services are bleeping useless (I deal with them a lot). Although snails aren't specifically listed as allowed they are not listed as not allowed either so its a grey area. They are regularly sent through the post, this is the Royal Mail spool cutting out all the waffle about bees etc:

You must use boxes that protect both the creatures and Royal Mail staff from harm. Use First Class as the minimum service and clearly label the package as "URGENT - LIVING CREATURES". Mark the sender's name and address on the outer wrapping.

It is up to you as to whether you think that you can package them in a way that will keep them safe and secure, this can also be done by sending them special delivery, this method has them handled separate from the normal mail and guarantees them to their destination by 1pm the next day.

Mort13 Posted - 27/10/2011 : 17:58:56
Right guys and gals (no pun intended),I've been onto the royal mail regarding labelling the package and they say snails are not allowed to be posted unless to an institution! Things like stick insects are ok.....hmmm.
lotabob Posted - 18/10/2011 : 15:57:20
Woo, I've been looking at getting some of these for a while, I shall keep an eye out for them been available.
angriesthedgehog Posted - 17/10/2011 : 13:28:05
I have posted adults in a cardboard box in induvidual compartments with a big pile of moss in each one and holes on the lid
Pip Posted - 06/10/2011 : 22:38:09
I have baby ones to rehome in Salisbury if anyone is my way and wants some?
Mort13 Posted - 06/10/2011 : 13:15:48
Thanks for the advice evryone. I shall put them up soon then. Will do a free to collect or pay for postage thing. Will wait till this cold snap we're supposed to be having over the weekend is out of the way and get to it.
tordyjo Posted - 04/10/2011 : 19:03:21
They're growing really quickly thanks, hungrey 'little' things if littles the right word
Red123 Posted - 04/10/2011 : 18:46:07
Adults can be posted as well :)
mkmattyk Posted - 04/10/2011 : 15:15:21
ive seen people post them, and just ask for the postage, so im assuming they just post out, BUT they was baby ones
Red123 Posted - 04/10/2011 : 14:50:53
quote:
Originally posted by tordyjo

i got some a while back - from someone selling them on here, she charged £5 for p+p which i sent in the post and then if by magic (a pun meant for the postal service) they arrived, we'd negotiated delivery so i knew i would be at home and i think they came recorded too. They were in a plastic type lunch box with air holes in and moss with some food. This was then in a cardboard box padded with newspaper balls.

Hope this is all of some help

How are the snails doing? The few that I kept for myself are growing extremely quickly, alot quicker than previous snails that I have kept.

Mort - You want to get them posted out as soon as you can. Its going to start getting cold at night. I would also make sure you get the money for postage before sending them. I was an idiot and posted a massive parcel out before getting the postage covered, they were concerned I was going to rip them off. Turned out they were the ones doing the ripping off
paulie78 Posted - 04/10/2011 : 10:17:15
Im trying to convince my sister in law to allow me to get some gals for my nephew lol he keeps removing sails from the garden to keep as pets which inevitably escape and then she gets freaked because theres a rogue snail loose in the house i suggested moi buying him a gal but shes not keen lol
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/10/2011 : 10:10:36
I've posted them out in CD spindle cases, medicine bottles, 35mm film cases (wonder how many people know what they are now???).
So long as they are well wrapped with something nice and damp, with optional bit of food then all should arrive well.
Snails do not come under the same classification as animal delivery by royal mail so are allowed to be jiffy bagged.

Mort13 Posted - 04/10/2011 : 10:03:33
Ah cheers for that. I'd seen people talking about posting them,but wasn't sure what they got posted in and I obvously want them to be safe in transit so to speak.
tordyjo Posted - 04/10/2011 : 07:23:27
i got some a while back - from someone selling them on here, she charged £5 for p+p which i sent in the post and then if by magic (a pun meant for the postal service) they arrived, we'd negotiated delivery so i knew i would be at home and i think they came recorded too. They were in a plastic type lunch box with air holes in and moss with some food. This was then in a cardboard box padded with newspaper balls.

Hope this is all of some help
scottishbluebird Posted - 04/10/2011 : 02:09:02
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=18 i have seen that people post them, and are free or sold,
][quote]Originally posted by gmac

im pretty sure gals can just be posted. Either that or give them bus money
[/quote
lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000