The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Royal python not eating

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
fluffycorn Posted - 27/08/2011 : 21:44:25
my dads fiance has a 3 year old royal python, she had had her for about 6 months, all fine up until about 3 weeks ago when she stopped eating, I know absolutely nothing about royals tbh but have read that they are known to go off their food? Are there any ways to encourage her to eat. Thanks
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
fluffycorn Posted - 28/08/2011 : 10:19:04
Thanks, will tell her about this forum, its very helpful. Last night was feeding night but she didn't take it. I feel happier now I've had some reassurance though and will tell my dads fiance about this site :)
fluffycorn Posted - 28/08/2011 : 10:12:20
Thanks, will tell her about this forum, its very helpful. Last night was feeding night but she didn't take it. I feel happier now I've had some reassurance though and will tell my dads fiance about this site :)
mikerichards Posted - 28/08/2011 : 10:00:17
nice and warm is the key, and try not to wave the mouse/rat above the snakes head, keep it down towards the ground!
To put into context, my lemon pastel male hasnt eaten since october last year, and hes still over a kilo in weight, he was only 1300g to start with!
fluffycorn Posted - 27/08/2011 : 23:03:15
It's feeding time tonight so she's going to try warming it up in warm water first. Thanks for the replies
gmac Posted - 27/08/2011 : 22:12:02
3 weeks is nothing for a royal to go without food, is just something they do very well. One of ours went 4 months no food and no issues from that.

fluffycorn Posted - 27/08/2011 : 22:06:05
thank for the link, dads fiance has been getting worried
Figs Posted - 27/08/2011 : 22:01:11
3 weeks is nothing for a healthy snake really, and especially for royals
Have a looky on TRP here: http://theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=53

Unless she starts loosing lots of weight and looks ill then i wouldnt worry too much

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000