The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Information on green tree pythons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
justin44 Posted - 03/08/2011 : 21:26:19
Can anyone tell me about green tree pythons? How big do they grow? How hard are they to keep? Comparisons to a corn snake?

Anyone know any breeders?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 04/08/2011 : 22:13:33
a very very very impressive set of gnashers on them - I know someone with a GTP named 'Staplegun' to give you an idea :)
Laws Posted - 04/08/2011 : 13:28:09
ive heard they are more of a show snake , one that u cant handle as they have said above . the can give a very nasty bit that can need stitches etc . scary dudes!
gregDT Posted - 04/08/2011 : 10:27:18
Take a look at carpet pythons. They are a fair bit easier to keep, less aggressive, don't grow huge and can look stunning.
Callazagy Posted - 03/08/2011 : 22:26:26
From what ive read they are very hard to keep, usually aggresive, nasty bite, you can't handle them because they have a fragile spine, they are purely for show. Id never want one, but there is an alternative, the Amazon Tree Boa, they are still primerally for show, as they can be aggressive. The Emerald Green Tree Boa I believe is even more difficult than the GTP, so I wouldnt consider them either. Even before getting a ATB if you only have experience with Corns, id want more experience with more fiesty species. I only have a Corn but plan to expand my collection soon, and then in a few years time i really want a ATB.
stotty01 Posted - 03/08/2011 : 21:47:48
higher humidity, need more height than length, not really something you can handle which can be a problem e.g if catches mites how will you treat it? retained she what will you do?
a33272 Posted - 03/08/2011 : 21:31:53
you thought of maybe looking at care sheets?
Kehhlyr Posted - 03/08/2011 : 21:29:02
All I can tell you about them is that they have massive teefs and are apparently a fair bit harder to keep happy in comparison to corns.
It's a bit of a jump from a corn to GTP apparently.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000