The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Beardy questions...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tinamiles Posted - 26/07/2011 : 18:54:00
Hi all!

i have a few bearded dragon Q's....

1) ive just started trying to feed my bearded dragon on the complete diet stuff, as she's just stopped eating any greens (even apple which she used to love) but at moment she's not really eating enough of it, so im still feeding her live food! am i ok doing this as i thought that surely live food is more nutritious and interesting for her??

2) why do they go off greens??? she used to love rocket, chard, and apple

3) How far is the most the UV bulb should be away from the bearded dragon, when the beardy is at the highest basking point?? Only chilli's been a bit sluggish last night+today and im worried the UV isnt strong enough by time it gets down to her (sorry if thats silly)

I woulda posted this on The Reptilian, but i find that i get very few replies to my posts there :(

Thanks!

Tina x
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stotty01 Posted - 27/07/2011 : 23:18:06
give her greens before bugs, see how that goes :)
Mort13 Posted - 27/07/2011 : 22:45:38
Hope you get her eating her greens soon. I never had an issue with mine going off their food so I can't be of any help.
Good news with the dandelion.
scottishbluebird Posted - 27/07/2011 : 21:04:35
I know nothing about beardies, but i do hope she eats better for you,and genius to take advantage of an open mouth!
tinamiles Posted - 27/07/2011 : 18:48:58
Cheers guys, just tried her on dandelion leaves+while she didnt seem interested at first when she opened her mouth to display i popped a leaf on the tip of her tongue+she gobbled it right up!!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 26/07/2011 : 20:28:14
i agree with G on the dandelion idea. My guy refuses to eat his veggies but he will take the odd dandelion leaf! He eats the flowers of them too if he's loose on the grass.
tinamiles Posted - 26/07/2011 : 19:17:20
oo, thanks, il try that!!!
gmac Posted - 26/07/2011 : 19:16:32
have you tried using dandelion leaves, if you have some in the garden (if you have one) and give them a good clean see if they take that, our have went mental over them.
tinamiles Posted - 26/07/2011 : 19:14:21
thanks for your reply gmac. Its only a few weeks old bcos her old one blew, and it is about 15-18" away, so gonna start looking for some higher thinks for her to climb up! I do dust her crickets! Gonna try again with the apple, but i was buying bags of rocket,etc at £1.50 each that only lasted 3 days before going soggy+she just wasnt eating any tiny bit of it, no matter what type/brand :(
gmac Posted - 26/07/2011 : 18:58:36
live food is better for beardies just make sure you use nutrabol or similar to dust the foods, have no idea why they would go off their greens but i do suggest you keep adding this to their viv.

how long have you had the UV bulb not quite sure what the lifespan of one of these are but we change ours every 3 months. is best not being more than 18 inches or so from the beardies or thereabouts.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000