The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Wierdy Beardy Behaviour

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tinamiles Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:00:42
Hi all!

Today i moved Chilli, my bearded dragon, into a new bigger viv! She'd gone from one that was 2ftx1ft to one thats 4ft by 2ft, roughy!
She's got plenty of places to hide,climb, relax, hot spot+light! No temps or feeding have changer but she's going MAD! For the last few hours she's running arround,scratching like mad on the inside of the viv+climbing ALOT! I expected some increase in activity bcos of exploring her new environment, but she's acting crazy!!!
Is this normal??

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 24/07/2011 : 20:48:03
Aww,I love that last photo. So cute!
tinamiles Posted - 24/07/2011 : 20:47:07
kehhlyr, ur prob right, was just worried bcos while we were doing the viv DIY, she had no uv lamp or heat+it was a hot sunny day!!
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/07/2011 : 20:36:23
Mine do that when they go out as well, I think it's to do with how wide open it is, and having no hiding places close by. They are open to predators.
tinamiles Posted - 24/07/2011 : 20:09:01
Katie: its like she was seeing something we werent+kept puffing up and going mad!! So funny!!
Katie.Dublin Posted - 24/07/2011 : 20:02:37
Love the displaying pic! My guy does it outside sometimes too but i can never get it on camera!
tinamiles Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:52:13
chilly chilling in the grass:

Not enjoying the outside world:

tinamiles Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:49:49
well its funny you should say that as she has her complete breaded dragonfood+water,obviousy. but i just thought "oh, i wonder if shell go off her food" and gave her few mealworms+some crickets+she went mental for them as usual!!
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:44:58
I wouldn't have thought the move would cause a massive amount of stress, she may well feel a little jumpy simply due to having a lot more space but that should subside fairly quickly.
I've known a lot of beardies (2 of mine included) that went off their food for about a week after moving into a bigger home as well so she may possibly do that too.
tinamiles Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:25:55
the viv was new wheni bought it+was empty for months, but half of it did house a boa for a few months! that was months ago thought, and Its been cleaned with reptile cleaner+warm water at least 4 times prior to her moving in. I know she's exploring, but the stress of moving wont make her ill will it?? She really needed more space+seems to be loving it, if not being abit noisy!
Kehhlyr Posted - 24/07/2011 : 19:22:41
It's not her viv.
Was the viv second hand? if so, what was housed in it previously?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000