The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Would this work for a Beardie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Alyson19802 Posted - 09/05/2011 : 19:00:02
Hi there I know its not snake related but just wanted some advice as was thinking of getting it for Lola my Beardie, not sure if its too narrow and too tall

size is W 118cm x H 133cm x D 39 are the dimensions its ending in about an hour so any advice would be greatly appreciated

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sammysnake Posted - 10/05/2011 : 19:24:41
I would say the height would be wasted. They will climb a bit if not too lazy but they're much more ground dwelling. The UV strip is way too short and you would need to be sure the starter unit would be the correct wattage for running a strip across the entire length of the viv. I would imagine you would lose a lot of heat too with all that height - could you get the basking spot hot enough? Might have to significantly lower the heat bulb. Width is good, might want it 2ft deep though to make it more comfy for an adult Beardie to turn around. Just some thoughts.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000