The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Ideal hoggie housing

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MrsA82 Posted - 29/04/2011 : 21:14:34
Poor peppa my non eating hoggie has been a bit disrupted regarding her home. She came to me in a fish tank. I moved her into a 9l rub with Aspen (auboise) substrate 2" deep. She's in a rub rack. After deciding to bury her food, I've changed to kitchen roll. Now she can't dig

She's constantly at the front of her rub looking out at the world go by

I know she's probably got stressed by all the changes I've made bless her. So now I wanna get her set up right once and for all!! I have available a 9l RUB OR A 12x12x12 exo terra terrium she can have, Aspen, kitchen roll or wood chips substrate

What would you suggest would be the best for her?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Invalid User Posted - 30/04/2011 : 11:30:08
I have replied on your thread on the hoggie forum :)
Ailsa Posted - 30/04/2011 : 09:37:33
I've considered exo terra terriums for my new corn to move up to instead of a rub and after discovering that there is possible escape issues with the wire mesh on the top I have decided to just stick with rubs and while your Hoggie will love the Aspen for burrowing into, as you said she IS hiding her food in it. So, if it was myself in your situation I would use your 9l rub and kitchen roll and give her plenty of time to destress and once she's eating for you again then you can change to Aspen so she can burrow.
Hope all that made sense :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000