The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Bal pythons....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Laws Posted - 21/03/2011 : 15:54:59

my other half has a ball python on her wish list , ive heard they are very similar to look after to corns , and are a more chunky snake , can any one share their opinions on them ? with maybe a few tips or things to consider? thanks :)
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Laws Posted - 22/03/2011 : 22:45:23
< now umming and aaahing about getting one ? lol , its the missus that would like one u see and coz shes been good and let me have the corns....i have to be fair!
Invalid User Posted - 22/03/2011 : 13:53:30
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by MrsA82

You won't regret getting a royal there lovely :)

i did! that's why i sold him on and bought more boas!

boas...........

boas...........

buy a boa instead................

lol I know the feeling. I don't regret getting mine but I'm in no rush to get another.
gingerpony Posted - 22/03/2011 : 13:52:18
quote:
Originally posted by MrsA82

i did! that's why i sold him on and bought more boas!

boas...........

boas...........

buy a boa instead................
mikerichards Posted - 22/03/2011 : 13:25:55
You need to be aware of a few things, firstly, and more importantly, royals don't like space, they are happier in much smaller tubs than you may think, I wouldn't even bother with a viv, certainly not for a good while.
The whole enclosure size is 99% the cause for not eating! Tubs are ok to use with heat mats, you can't really use a bulb as it can cause melting issues with plastic!
If I was you, I would get a dimmer stat for the mat so later on you can use it with a bulb.
Invalid User Posted - 22/03/2011 : 08:09:58
All my mats and stats came from ebay.

My royal is in a 4L rub. I had a few spare fauns but wouldn't have put he in one as a rub is more enclosed for stressy reclusive royals lol
Laws Posted - 21/03/2011 : 23:59:37
my other half is slllowly comin round to allowing a ball sooner than the year ban i have (the condition on letting me have a second corn) heheh . so far we have the bulb set up that one of my corns are in however they are in a faun so i could easily switch it to a heat mat and then use the viv for the ball . I have a large flat exo terra faun spare , would this be good as long as it had plenty of hides? also anyone know where i can get a mat stat and larger mat from ? it may then be a real possibility of us gettin one hehehe
MrsA82 Posted - 21/03/2011 : 22:38:05
Laws Posted - 21/03/2011 : 19:39:41
i will def have a look , its not somethin we will rush into , i would prefer another corn to a ball , but sarah has been very comprimising on lettin me have these two so its only fair . klye has still provided lots of stress by not feeding for us , i dont think i could handle the worry i have now with a snake thats renound for not feeding !
Invalid User Posted - 21/03/2011 : 19:35:04
I have a royal (ball) python and she has been very different to my corns and has given me nothing but stress for the first 3 weeks she was home by not feeding!

She is doing well now but I recommend joining the TRP forum as there is loads of great info on there.
herriotfan Posted - 21/03/2011 : 17:14:14
You'll find a warm welcome over on the sister site and they'll be happy to answer your questions. I've been seriously considering one for ages and they've helped me loads. Good luck with your research. Let us know what you decide.
Sta~ple Posted - 21/03/2011 : 16:18:52
Exactly the same snake.
Laws Posted - 21/03/2011 : 16:13:02
are royals and balls the same breed then? its my other half that would like one , we have two 8 month old corns atm :)
gmac Posted - 21/03/2011 : 16:12:19
cons are very easy to look after, toyals can be very stressful to look after.

The keeping of royals is quite different, you can use mats in corns vivs, you must use bulbs in royals vivs, They also need a higher temp with an ambient viv temp whereas corns dont really need the ambient temps.

Royals can and generally do go off food for long periods of time, this is where the stress comes in, can be months before they feed again and if you are a worrier over your pets not eating this may drive you crackers wondering what is wrong, there is nothing wrong its what they do.

Royols can also stress more easily than corns and ae a tad more lazy.

this is not to say they dont make good snakes to keep so long as you are aware of all of these issues
Figs Posted - 21/03/2011 : 16:07:23
Ball pythons are exactly the same as royal pythons - hop on over to TRP for lots of info on them
http://theroyalpython.co.uk/forum/

I have one - he is lovely. They are very different to corns though. They tend to have nice personalities, but are pretty infamous for their eating habits (going off their food for months etc). And just because i can... here is my Harrison!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000