The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Adorable Cresties!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Newbie Posted - 26/02/2011 : 20:47:41
Wandered into my local petshop today and they had some new Crested Gecko's in! The shop assistant saw me looking and promptly headed over and got one out, so sweet!

A little one just hung on to the guys hand and seemed so chilled out! Think I'm in love

Has anyone got any of these lovely little creatures? The one that caught my eye had lost his tail in a bad shed, poor little man
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stotty01 Posted - 01/03/2011 : 20:11:13
there v easy to looks after :D they dont need that much room by the way...try persuading him now.... ;)

my friend has his crestie in a old glass cabinet that his neighbour was gonna throw out and has it all decorated nicley :)
lrv2307 Posted - 28/02/2011 : 19:09:20
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

quote:
Originally posted by Newbie

Awww thanks guys unfortunately I've been told no by my OH I was really wanting one...or maye two!

What a shame.
I know the feeling sometimes. I know I have quite a few pets but I'd love more. Phil has to put his foot down or I'd end up with a zoo!!!!

arnt other halfs just party poopers lol

such a shame, cresties are dead easy to look after xxx
herriotfan Posted - 28/02/2011 : 18:23:53
quote:
Originally posted by Newbie

Awww thanks guys unfortunately I've been told no by my OH I was really wanting one...or maye two!

What a shame.
I know the feeling sometimes. I know I have quite a few pets but I'd love more. Phil has to put his foot down or I'd end up with a zoo!!!!
Newbie Posted - 28/02/2011 : 15:18:38
lrv2307 Posted - 27/02/2011 : 11:00:42
quote:

I find them easy to keep. Mine are in an exoterra terrarium (they each have one) and I don't use extra heating. They live in our kitchen which has a Rayburn constantly going so it's always nice and warm. If they were anywhere else I'd want the room temps to be around 20/21C for them to be without extra heating. I spray mine a couple of times a day to keep the humidity around 60/70% and I use live plants with moisture retaining soil & orchid bark substrate. I also keep a moist sphagnum moss filled flower pot in there for them. I feed them Rephashy Crested Gecko Diet and they have live foods (crickets or locusts) as a treat. If you feed them on the Rephashy CGD it is a complete diet so you don't have to give them live food if you don't want to. Hope that helps but do ask if you want any more info. I'm sure I've probably forgotten something but I've covered the basics!

ive got one too, she is soooo cute i have some big leafted fake plants in there too, as she likes to hide in them
you can also give them some pureed fruit as a treat,
http://www.surreypetsupplies.co.uk/lucky-reptile-tropical-fruit-jam-100ml-tube.html
my little one likes this now and again, also baby food fruit puree (nothing else in it) ella's organic fruit ones are good

i can hand feed my crestie now with a cricket lol
a lot of cresties dont have their tails through one thing or another,

herriotfan Posted - 27/02/2011 : 10:30:42
I find them easy to keep. Mine are in an exoterra terrarium (they each have one) and I don't use extra heating. They live in our kitchen which has a Rayburn constantly going so it's always nice and warm. If they were anywhere else I'd want the room temps to be around 20/21C for them to be without extra heating. I spray mine a couple of times a day to keep the humidity around 60/70% and I use live plants with moisture retaining soil & orchid bark substrate. I also keep a moist sphagnum moss filled flower pot in there for them. I feed them Rephashy Crested Gecko Diet and they have live foods (crickets or locusts) as a treat. If you feed them on the Rephashy CGD it is a complete diet so you don't have to give them live food if you don't want to. Hope that helps but do ask if you want any more info. I'm sure I've probably forgotten something but I've covered the basics!

Edit to say: Good book is Crested Geckos by Philippe de Vosjoli one of the Herpetocultural Library publications.
Newbie Posted - 26/02/2011 : 21:12:08
quote:

I've got some, lovely little creatures.

How are they to look after Herriotfan? The guy in the shop said they'll be fine at room temp with no heating equipment and just to spray the viv daily to maintain humidity, but I've been bitten by taking a shops advice before!

A few care sheets I've looked at say they should be heated in winter? x
herriotfan Posted - 26/02/2011 : 20:58:10
I've got some, lovely little creatures.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000