The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 wanting a royal python..... any advice?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
squiggy88 Posted - 15/02/2011 : 10:09:53
ok so i recently got a gold dust corn for my birthday and have now got the snake bug! ive always been facinated but was never allowed snakes at my mams so now i have my own place i can get them woohoo

my corn is awesom my boyfriend also has an adult corn....i have read abit about royals and apparently there awesom starter snakes my bf knows quite alot about snakes im the beginer but have been reading alot so think i cud handle it

i jus think they have the prettyest face ever

whats your thoughts to go ahead and get one or am i diving in the deep end?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 18/02/2011 : 19:54:46
noooooooooooooo!!! don't do it!!!!!!!
Kehhlyr Posted - 15/02/2011 : 23:40:51
get a king
HannahB Posted - 15/02/2011 : 21:04:19
my two are soft as cotton wool, they are both chilled out but have very different personalities.. Little One likes to curl up in his hides and stick his little face out and watch from afar whereas Q will investigate any activity near his viv - my dad often sends me pics of him pressed up against the glass bless him
handling with my two is a dream although you can definitely feel their strength a lot more than you do with corns or kings, they can hold on tight at times which can make things interesting - Q held on to me once for over half an hour and refused to budge lol!
feeding can be a bit hit and miss but its all individual - my two will both feed for a few weeks and then miss a week, dont know why but its how they both roll but some have been known to stop eating for several weeks, eat once and then not eat again for a few more weeks so that is something to take into consideration. Quite a few people have bought a royal only for it to not feed straight away and then taken it back in frustration..
royals are beautiful and can test your patience to the max, some dont respond to handling as well as corns do so if you want a snake that you can handle most days and get out for your mates then a royal possibly isnt the snake for you then but i love my two (and think my mum has fallen in love with my two as well!!!)

hope this is of some help
noola Posted - 15/02/2011 : 17:04:07
Hi i also would be interested in anyone who has royals to give me a little bit about what they are like.I got my first baby corn 2 weeks ago and i am deeply in love with the little guy, but have allways loved pythons they are so facinating . They just seem to do it for me. So any one who can let us know how they feel about theres would be great, You can read about them forever but would me much better from someone who really knows how they are. thanx
a33272 Posted - 15/02/2011 : 10:20:33
have a look around on the sister site

http://www.theroyalpython.co.uk/

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000