The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Burmese Pythons

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 05/02/2011 : 22:29:40
I'm in lurve and i want one
http://www.7thgradelifescience.net/Images2/098c-Albino%20Burmese%20python.jpg

Just wondering how i persuade my other half to let me have one , not sure emotional blackmail will work this time
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Benji54 Posted - 03/03/2011 : 12:35:06
i can sympathise! i got offered a full grown albino burm for £180 yesterday! :S i REALLY wanted it but i know i havent really got room to give it what it needs and as a33272 said, my carpet is about 8 ft long ISH and when she gets fiesty, she's a bit of a handful! i dunno what id do with a snake fully twice the size!! ONE day though...one day....
a33272 Posted - 28/02/2011 : 23:21:02
yeah kinda like a mini wall heater
hillzi Posted - 28/02/2011 : 22:18:47
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

quote:
Originally posted by hillzi
Many of the burm keepers I know have only a waterdish for it. Heating wise, a bulb is the way to go, to avoid the crushing and cracking of a heatmat, but as a younger snakes go, yep you'd need decor and the such.

Burms are incredible snakes, the dopier of the two main giant pythons, I may get a dwarf one in a few years..

jesus man ud need a bloody big bulb to heat a viv for a burm lol buld is ok for a hot spot but best way to heat a large viv now adays is an AHS

Oh yeah I forgot about the AHSs, they the one with the built in stat?
a33272 Posted - 28/02/2011 : 18:33:03
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi
Many of the burm keepers I know have only a waterdish for it. Heating wise, a bulb is the way to go, to avoid the crushing and cracking of a heatmat, but as a younger snakes go, yep you'd need decor and the such.

Burms are incredible snakes, the dopier of the two main giant pythons, I may get a dwarf one in a few years..

jesus man ud need a bloody big bulb to heat a viv for a burm lol buld is ok for a hot spot but best way to heat a large viv now adays is an AHS
a33272 Posted - 28/02/2011 : 18:31:14
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

trouble is, with a burmese python, you need a viv/home for it thats at least 12ft x 4ft x 4ft and when u consider the accessories and other things needed aswel, its not the cost of the snake that matters, its the cost of everything else, plus, as with all snakes, the burm must be able to have its excercise, so you must beable to supply the room for that aswel as the viv.

an average size burm will be happy in a 6x4x4 or a 8x4x4 only if ya unlucky to get a big girl would u need bigger, you dont need that much equipment for a burm a ideal hide for a burm is an upside down large dog basket so not that expensive
hillzi Posted - 28/02/2011 : 17:52:54
quote:
Originally posted by ilovemypets1988

trouble is, with a burmese python, you need a viv/home for it thats at least 12ft x 4ft x 4ft and when u consider the accessories and other things needed aswel, its not the cost of the snake that matters, its the cost of everything else, plus, as with all snakes, the burm must be able to have its excercise, so you must beable to supply the room for that aswel as the viv.

ilovemypets1988 Posted - 28/02/2011 : 17:15:37
Inkygirl Posted - 06/02/2011 : 21:18:59
ah burms are fantastic. our bernie is a hissy sod but hes coming on well. x
stotty01 Posted - 06/02/2011 : 18:50:32
everyone loves burms :D if i was gonna get a big snake would probally be a hogg island boa or a common boa
a33272 Posted - 06/02/2011 : 18:41:56
quote:
Originally posted by Oh How Original

quote:

quote:

quote:

i would love an albino or or a hypo but i live alone so wouldnt be a good idea as handling would be out the question

Your carpet will get pretty damn big as it is lol.
That will be a handful to handle.

jungles only really get to 6ft coastals are the bigger of the carpets but there still not a heavy bodied. if i saw a grown male burm that i felt was a handleable size id be very tempted

Ahhhpoopyeah sorry its the coastals that can get 10foot+.
My bad lol.

even 10 ft is unusual for a coastal 8-9ft average. but coastal is my next plan lol
Oh How Original Posted - 06/02/2011 : 18:36:20
quote:

quote:

quote:

i would love an albino or or a hypo but i live alone so wouldnt be a good idea as handling would be out the question

jungles only really get to 6ft coastals are the bigger of the carpets but there still not a heavy bodied. if i saw a grown male burm that i felt was a handleable size id be very tempted

Ahhhpoopyeah sorry its the coastals that can get 10foot+.
My bad lol.
n/a Posted - 06/02/2011 : 17:29:37
It was £330
Newbie Posted - 06/02/2011 : 17:01:14
I love albino burms but they're just too large for me, I wouldn't be able to have others around to help and one lass against a 20ft snake just isn't good! Can you imagine trying to persuade one to go back to its viv if it didn't want to?!
a33272 Posted - 06/02/2011 : 16:32:14
quote:

quote:

Tiffany-x Posted - 06/02/2011 : 15:57:59
Mehhh, nothing phases him, he is used to handling big snakes!! xD

I see the headline now, girl gets face bitten off by snake! :P
Tiffany-x
Sta~ple Posted - 06/02/2011 : 15:29:59
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Subz

The pic was an example, didn't have a camera at shop

Ah ok. I unno if it was but there are quite a few chunky ones about :(

I do have to agree with Tiff though, it would be awesome to have a big snake but I would dare snuggle and cuddle up to it like I do my smaller ones, incase it bites my face XD
Oh How Original Posted - 06/02/2011 : 15:26:29
quote:

Tiffany-x Posted - 06/02/2011 : 11:03:16
Precisely, I struggled holding a little 14ft babba, and that was including 2 people helping me. I love getting my Lacey out to play, I couldnt see it happening with anything much bigger. :P
Tiffany-x
a33272 Posted - 06/02/2011 : 10:58:37
Tiffany-x Posted - 06/02/2011 : 10:56:41
They are such beautiful snakes but far too big, beats the whole point of having a snake as far as I am concerned. :/
Tiffany-x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000