The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 question for those who have chilean rose tarantula

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sarahw Posted - 30/10/2010 : 17:49:12
after taking my son into the rep shop today to get some mice he was looking at the tarantulas and seemed very keen on the chilean rose, the lady in shop said they are very easy to keep but didnt say anything else and rushed onto the next customer! the other shop assistants are more friendly and helpfull but they were all busy with customers so i thought i would ask here

would like to know everthing regarding keeping one as a pet
ie: what size and what type of tank is best
what to put in it( substrate, hides etc)
heating / lighting if needed
what they eat and how often etc
and anything else that maybe helpfull
thanks
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Oh How Original Posted - 14/11/2010 : 21:47:23
Not sure if this has been said because I hate spiders so not reading posts.
But I do know, they don't have normal water, it's like blue stuff and it's like gel I believe, so bare in mind that cost for "watering" it.
stotty01 Posted - 11/11/2010 : 19:01:11
Ahhh fair enough. would of been a win win situation with that ad on gumtree :)
sarahw Posted - 10/11/2010 : 21:44:54
didnt realise there was more replies here
i dont like the sound of it escaping!
when we went to longleat safari park they had a lovely chilean rose which we all held, i surprised myself being the first one to hold it as i dont particulary like spiders!
i think house spiders are the worst as they scurry about more, tarantulas just sit there and when they move its not fast so i think i coulod cope with one of those in the house
thanks for the link mort very informative
and thanks for that stotty
i also saw that ad on gumtree
i have no car to get to them and they are to far to be able to deliver to me so that was out the question
shame thou
stotty01 Posted - 03/11/2010 : 18:43:51
http://www.gumtree.com/london/95/67828395.html win win situation for both of you ;)
stotty01 Posted - 03/11/2010 : 18:32:35
my dad said he loved his, was he first tarantula as they and are the most common tarantula pet (like a corn snake). easy to keep grow slow not alot of space needed and are handable...he said you feed them crickets and when they get big pinkies
FiestaSTLou Posted - 03/11/2010 : 11:56:23
ur very brave tho for holding it mort, i also have a big phobia of them so much that i tense up and eventually puke at the site of them.. :( its more house spiders, and tarantulas, chile roses tho, im not to bad with i can be in the same room for a short peroid of time without feeling funny, i do think to myself tho i wish i had the guts to atleast try hold one one day, so well done! :) sorry for going off topic lol

all the spiders i have seen in shops have had quite small, tall rather than wide exo terra type enclosers. i have no clue about how ukeep them tho sos :(
Mort13 Posted - 03/11/2010 : 11:25:38
Rather you than me,what if it escaped eeeeek!!
Seriously though,I am a terrible arachnophobe but last year I took the kids to a tropical house and they were handling some of the animals. They had a chilean rose out and I decided I wanted to get over my fear and hold her.
She was lovely,very gentle and beautiful. Was such a big thing for me that I cried my eyes out afterwards (felt a proper idiot!) I went back a few times after that to hold Isobelle
Still petrified of the spiders running round my house though!!

This might be worth a read http://www.thebts.co.uk/keeping_tarantulas.html
stotty01 Posted - 30/10/2010 : 20:06:10
my friend has one he loves it :) my dad had one when was a kid il ask him what it was like
chrish Posted - 30/10/2010 : 19:49:24
All spiders are best kept on the floor underneath my shoe!!!!!!!
sly Posted - 30/10/2010 : 19:26:35
i have seen alot of them with orchard and some sort of damp sponge in a sauser for drinking hides i think logs bark etc. food would be crickets so u would have to keep them alive also feeding them in the container u buy them in a proper cricket holder also i think they need feeding 2 or 3 a week i am just going by what i over heard a reptile breeder was saying to another customer while i was choosing my corn :) hope this helps

i am prob wrong on alot of things so sorry hope someone can be more helpeful i dont own any though :(

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000