The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Husband says no

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 26/09/2010 : 16:51:46
Had a cuddle with a love Cali Kingsnake yesterday - beautiful boy, mainly banana yellow with some black on him and really friendly. He looks overweight to me and is in a viv which is way too small for him. I really want him so I can take care of him and put him in a bigger viv but Mike said - 'you don't need more snakes'. I know he's right and it would be a squeeze to fit another viv in and we don't have any money, but I still feel sad.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sammysnake Posted - 16/11/2010 : 19:41:21
My husband really seems to be a different breed from all the other people's partners on here - I can't control him at all!! Anyway update is, the Cali's been sold and Mike had to take a 25% reduction in hours and wages to save himself from redundancy meaning an extra mouth to feed is not what we need at the mo. Luckily Keydo's brumating so we can at least save money on locusts.
Inkygirl Posted - 13/11/2010 : 23:56:54
oh give him a clout lol. i have to make mark think it was HIS idea...works like a charm. 5 dogs later, 2 cats, a beardie, a corn, a boa etc....they really like THEIR ideas lol x
Sammysnake Posted - 04/10/2010 : 17:49:14
Oh man, I don't want another snake THAT much.
Kellog Posted - 03/10/2010 : 05:10:29
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

.......Also, he's hinted more than once that he's jealous of the attention the snakes get; I think that may be more where the problem lies.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there Sammy! Now there is a way to get around that...... !

xxx
Sammysnake Posted - 02/10/2010 : 15:09:21
We've got Lego and he's not interested in that. His baby is his PC and internet gaming, neither of which take up much room. Main problem is I know he's being perfectly logical and reasonable (grrr). We already have two vivs stacked and can't fit another one on top unless I get rid of the chest of drawers which we use (partly for snakie stuff). I was amazed that he let me have the second corn anyway so I shouldn't really push my luck.

quote:
Ok, how about this for a way of persuading Mike....you have Twilight and Saracen, who you obviously share with Beth (and Twilight with me, of course )....isnt it right that Mike has a snake to call his own and being the man of the house then it is only right that the snake is a King!

This King has been put in his path for a reason, because he is a caring man and surely it is our duty to care for all living creatures that God has created, especially one that is suffering?

Ju, if he can't drive it or play online games on it then he's not interested. As for the 'caring man' looking after God's creatures... you REALLY don't know Mike!! Also, he's hinted more than once that he's jealous of the attention the snakes get; I think that may be more where the problem lies.
crazy JJ Posted - 02/10/2010 : 03:56:40
defo agree wit k here

hmm i wondered what it is with my bro and bf with lego... now i know :D
Kehhlyr Posted - 02/10/2010 : 02:00:09
Just get one and tell him tough.
I bet he'd buy himself some lego or a scalextrix if he wanted to. (He may try to deny that, but he's a man, so can't. We are genetically programmed to love lego and scalextrix.)
Katie.Dublin Posted - 02/10/2010 : 01:39:14
Kellog you are on fire! :p
Kellog Posted - 01/10/2010 : 04:46:17
Ok, how about this for a way of persuading Mike....you have Twilight and Saracen, who you obviously share with Beth (and Twilight with me, of course )....isnt it right that Mike has a snake to call his own and being the man of the house then it is only right that the snake is a King!

This King has been put in his path for a reason, because he is a caring man and surely it is our duty to care for all living creatures that God has created, especially one that is suffering?

xxx
Tiffany-x Posted - 28/09/2010 : 19:08:20
Just stack! Stack stack stack stack stack stack stack stack stack stack!!! :P You have to, its truly so cruel not to! :P
Tiffany-x
Sta~ple Posted - 28/09/2010 : 17:30:29
Do you both own the house and pay the bills? If yes then it's as much as your house as it is his, and your part of the house needs that king.
Sammysnake Posted - 28/09/2010 : 17:24:46
Mike replies....."no".

Beth is pleading from the other room. "PLEEAASE. But we LOVVVVE you! Please save that little snakie. I'll be nice to you for the next five hundred million years. If you could see me I'm doing my little puppy dog eyes...."

Sorry Ju but your highly empassioned plea has not tugged even slightly at a single heart string. At least he laughed whereas he paid no attention at all to the begging of his daughter. I think in Mike we manipulative influential women have met our match. Thanks for trying.
Kellog Posted - 28/09/2010 : 05:14:14
This Cali King NEEDS you AND MIKE to SAVE it from the TERRIBLE life it is living at the moment....it is obviously being kept in a bad environment and not being cared for correctly. With the sort of man he is he cannot stand by idly and let this continue....this snake needs a knight in shining armour, your Mike to rescue it from its dire situation!

And the answer to your space problem....stacking vivs! Thats your answer! Always room for more snakes when you can stack the vivs!

xxx

(I am sure you can get Beth on side and she can help manipulate influence her dad so he comes to the right....and only....decision!)

Sammysnake Posted - 27/09/2010 : 20:59:52
quote:
Boarding school?

If I could afford boarding school I could afford a house with an extra room and more vivs. I could have an iguana room and a boa room and a room for stuff I've never heard of.... drool
gmac Posted - 27/09/2010 : 11:43:27
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Oo, update. I just read Mike all your replies and he laughed which was good. He says when Beth moves out I can have her room for as many reps as I want yay!! Trouble is she's only just coming up 10 and I love her loads so I'm not in a hurry to kick her out. Still, it is rather a large bedroom that she has...

Boarding school?
Sammysnake Posted - 26/09/2010 : 21:48:17
Well, there is space in the bedroom now that I've moved Twilight out. Trouble is, I moved him for being too noisy and keeping me awake and I hear king's can be even more active than corns. I had three years of sleep deprivation with my daughter and I'm not going back there, no matter how much I love this new snakey!!
quote:
rehome one of your corns then youll have room,lol

Go and wash your mouth out with Ajax and a Brillo pad. Have you seen how gorgeous my boys are? I would never dream of it

Oo, update. I just read Mike all your replies and he laughed which was good. He says when Beth moves out I can have her room for as many reps as I want yay!! Trouble is she's only just coming up 10 and I love her loads so I'm not in a hurry to kick her out. Still, it is rather a large bedroom that she has...
Sika Posted - 26/09/2010 : 21:40:49
Hear hear :D
Or put the vivs on shelf... then there's a whole wall to fill ;)
Or even more place for snakes: put the hubby in the viv and the snakes in the bedroom xD
gmac Posted - 26/09/2010 : 21:07:51
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

Harsh, unless there is no other option

a small shed in the garden, possibly even insulated(optional), a sofa a TV, a mini fridge and a remote control, everything your hubby needs gives you more than enough space for a King. No excuses really.
lee2308 Posted - 26/09/2010 : 20:21:34
herriotfan Posted - 26/09/2010 : 17:46:02
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

Then he lies.
There is always space for another viv. Especially for a king.

Just remind him that YOU only need a single bed to sleep in, so could always downsize the bed....

Quite agree Kehhlyr!
I had the same problem with my hubby, except he said no snakes at all....now I have two and I'm on the lookout for another viv!!!
There are ways and means *nod, nod, wink, wink*

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000