The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Viv size for beardies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mrsT Posted - 13/06/2010 : 11:15:53
My hubby has built a 5ft viv and wants to keep bearded dragons in there.Is it ok to put babies in something that big,or will all that space freak them out?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kehhlyr Posted - 14/06/2010 : 01:33:56
Decent breeders should be able to sex from quite a young age, I've got 17 babies and so far can give a definite sex on 8 of them. In about 3 weeks I'll be able to sex them all before they go, I personally think that beardies are one of the easiest reps to visually sex.
eeji Posted - 13/06/2010 : 17:33:24
we have one male (we think!) that went straight into a 4'x2'x2' when we brought him home at about a month old and he uses every inch of it :)
gmac Posted - 13/06/2010 : 14:42:05
quote:
Originally posted by mrsT

so would you say its ok to keep more than one?

yes sould be fine, although definately keep an eye on the babies as they age to make sure they are same sex. weve got the three, but the male is seperate from the females. £15-20 great prices.
Stumpy Posted - 13/06/2010 : 14:13:55
I have two males one in each enclosure. They are fine to b put in a full size enclosure as fully grown they need a min of 48" 15" 15".
mrsT Posted - 13/06/2010 : 12:38:28
cool thanks for the advice
so would you say its ok to keep more than one?
i've found a couple of breeders near us.cant believe the difference in price!the breeders are selling for about £15-£20 the rep shop wants between £50 and £65
gmac Posted - 13/06/2010 : 12:31:11
well multiple females is the way to go then, although sexing baby beardies is very difficult until they mature a bit. I would recommend going to a breeder as shops may not be able to offer their opinion on the sexing of the beardies and good breeders can give you a more informed opinion.
mrsT Posted - 13/06/2010 : 12:11:03
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

. I have yet to see the Australian Outback full of 2 foot Vivs

you make a good point!!was just wondering as i know i was told to put my corn in a small viv so he didn't get overwhelmed
How many babes you are planning on getting, Generally I would only keep maybe a couple of females with a single male. Although not always the case male beardies are more liable to start fighting for dominance.

not sure how many yet,keep being told very different things!was told that they shouldn't be kept together as they are solitary in the wild and will just fight,but other people have said its fine to keep them together.
i'd prefer to have a couple of them but same sex...dont want any beardie babies
gmac Posted - 13/06/2010 : 11:29:19
I'm not a believer that large spaces can stress beardies as they climb and run everywhere and are just generally very inquisative. I have yet to see the Australian Outback full of 2 foot Vivs but so long as you give them enough clmby things, greenery and places to hide etc it will probably be OK, our first baby beardie went into a 3ft viv with no problems.

How many babes you are planning on getting, Generally I would only keep maybe a couple of females with a single male. Although not always the case male beardies are more liable to start fighting for dominance.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000