The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Off Corn
 Other Reptiles and Exotics
 Boas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 10/06/2010 : 08:48:04
Does anyone know much about them?

In particular which gets larger a BCI or BCC? And how big do each get?

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mikerichards Posted - 12/06/2010 : 13:21:44
Bci don't tend to get much more than about 8 foot, certainly a few may exceed that, but they are more than likely crosses to bcc's. Suriname bcc's can get to about 12 foot as a female, I think peruvians are very similar also. 12 foot is about as big as they get, the record is bigger, but that was a while ago.
The dwarf bci's tend to be island localities, being in an enclosed area the food can be limited, and the have evolved to suit. The other dwarfs are desert localities, the sonoran etc, again, limited food has forced them to evolve and adapt.
As with most snakes, the female tends to be the bigger sex, males can stay quite small.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 10/06/2010 : 22:20:54
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

The j&b care sheet is good but you must be prepared to expect 1-2 feet extra on the average size of any locality

Indeed, theres no point reading averages and thinking if it only gets this big or that big it'll be ok because they do have the capability to get bigger and some won't even reach that size.
lee2308 Posted - 10/06/2010 : 19:41:06
The j&b care sheet is good but you must be prepared to expect 1-2 feet extra on the average size of any locality
Sta~ple Posted - 10/06/2010 : 16:59:03
Idneed. It's like corns, (apprently) some from the lower part may not reach 4ft and ones from the upper parts can grow to near 6ft.

3-5 seems tiny for a BCI but I guess is depends on location, feeding habits of the snake and how someone looks after it. I've also heard that snake's that breed early can get stunted in growth. I guess some could even be bread purposely to be smaller in size and bread with other smaller snakes.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 10/06/2010 : 16:35:10
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

BCI ADULT SIZE: 5-12 feet(males average 6-8 ft, females 7-10 ft.)
http://repticzone.com/caresheets/823.html

Yeah i had a little read online and found the largest one ever recorded was 12ft long. Not sure wether that was in captivity or wild though.

So it is certainly possible to get females 10ft and larger. Although according to JNB Boas there is no boa locality that averages 10 ft so i guess it also varies from care sheet to care sheet.

Its amazing how much they vary in size from location to loaction. Some only average 3-5 ft...
Sta~ple Posted - 10/06/2010 : 16:13:48
BCI ADULT SIZE: 5-12 feet(males average 6-8 ft, females 7-10 ft.)
http://repticzone.com/caresheets/823.html

DannyBrown91 Posted - 10/06/2010 : 14:08:30
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

BCC's get bigger than BCI's.

Male BCI's tend to average around 6 foot, 7 at a push. Females get a little bigger averaging around 7, 8 at a push and get slightly bigger bodied than the males.

i think they may get slightly larger then that,some females can reach 10' depending on feeding regime

Im only going by what i have read so its deffinitely a possibility as different localities grow to different lengths, but i've never read of a BCI getting that big.
lee2308 Posted - 10/06/2010 : 13:28:35
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Male BCI's tend to average around 6 foot, 7 at a push. Females get a little bigger averaging around 7, 8 at a push and get slightly bigger bodied than the males.

i think they may get slightly larger then that,some females can reach 10' depending on feeding regime
DannyBrown91 Posted - 10/06/2010 : 12:25:07

I don't know much about BCC's i think the males get to around 8-9 foot and females around 10, they both have very similar care requirements.

When i was researching to get my BCI i found this website really helpful www.jnb-boas.co.uk

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000