The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JackSnake Posted - 01/06/2010 : 17:38:21
Hello everyone!
Should of posted in this section to begin with!
I bought Jack, Amel cornsnake for my girlfriend back in febuary.
He is great to handle and eating well every week. He is just starting his 3rd shedding now and growing fast!
I have posted a question in a different section already, so if you could have a read of that i would be very grateful.
Here is a picture of Jack feeding last week

14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stotty01 Posted - 05/06/2010 : 18:59:30
hey and welcome to the forum :)
JackSnake Posted - 05/06/2010 : 13:54:31
Hi and thanks for all the welcomes!
Thanks Kellogs for the links, i dont think you can ever know too much, so definatley worth a read.
We have tried placing it on a piece of kitchen paper but he takes it straight back to his cave haha! We do constantly watch every feed and he has never had any of the substrate attached to the mouse. We were thinking of taking him out while we feed him but he is used to how it is done now and dont want to ruin things.
Every friday with out fail he is out and about roaming everywhere then he will just stay still with his head streched up waiting for signs of the tweasers and the mouse haha its brilliant!
I will post some more pictures soon.
Oh and he shed last night too, all off in piece, its great to compare lengths of previous sheds. So now his eyes and rest of body colours are great!
Thanks again!
lee2308 Posted - 03/06/2010 : 23:24:58
hi and welcome to the forum
Mouse Posted - 02/06/2010 : 19:17:06
hiya! welcome and lovely snake!
Kellog Posted - 02/06/2010 : 11:12:46
Hi JackSnake, it is really good that you have joined us! You will find that this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping as you have had Jack since February, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know....but it is better heard twice than not at all.

Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Unfortunately a lot of us have found that many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. On this forum no question is regarded as a silly question....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button....type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you do this with Jack, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems, when you do full viv cleans. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Well done for following the unwritten forum rule without even knowing about it - pics as soon as possible! Amazing pic of Jack coiling and constricting....he is a very smart looking snake .

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" Your girlfriend has just started down that corn path and you will soon want your own corn as well, so be warned!!

xxx
Dan-sunkist Posted - 02/06/2010 : 08:26:42
welcom to the forum
KITTYCAT Posted - 02/06/2010 : 07:46:33
hi welcome to the forum
crazy JJ Posted - 02/06/2010 : 00:17:45
heya n welcome to the forum

nice snakie you have there :D
n/a Posted - 01/06/2010 : 21:31:42
Welcome to the forum Jack
Sta~ple Posted - 01/06/2010 : 18:42:26
Hello and welcome, I like how he's still in bed while munching.
herriotfan Posted - 01/06/2010 : 18:16:50
Hi
Welcome to the forum. Lovely amel you have there.
mozacchio Posted - 01/06/2010 : 18:10:33
Hello and welcome!
Nice snakie..!
HannahB Posted - 01/06/2010 : 17:41:57
hey and welcome
hes lovely - although you may want to put a sheet of kitchen towel down over the substrate when feeding to avoid him swallowing any
Figs Posted - 01/06/2010 : 17:41:42
Hello and welcome

Beautiful snake!
just be careful that Jack doesnt swallow any substrate when feeding him in the tank like that

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000