The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello From the ilse of wight

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/05/2010 : 21:28:10
Heya Everyone,
I've been checking out this forum for a while as I have been looking into getting a Corn for a while, But Since I just bought a Beautiful little lassy Corn I thought it's about time to crawl out from the shadows and Register.

This is my first corn and im looking forward to watching her develop and grow, She is a beautiful Snowy Morph Corn called Marshmallow and she is only a Hatchling (Its Kinda cute)

I also own a male bearded dragon called Spike, a Siberian Husky called Storm and a Brave Girlfriend called Crystal
(Phobia of spiders)

Im glad I have finnaly joined you all properly and Dont worry Piccy's are on there way

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/05/2010 : 12:19:09
marshmallow how cute lol
Dan-sunkist Posted - 06/05/2010 : 09:51:07
hey and welcome
hiper2009 Posted - 06/05/2010 : 09:25:15
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Mouse Posted - 05/05/2010 : 11:53:41
Heya, welcome to the forum! :D
n/a Posted - 05/05/2010 : 11:00:01
Haha lol @ Kellog, Simmilar I suppose but yeh she is very timid and |Friendly, loves to explore the other on the other hand now known as Cinder not Ember (GF Again) is a bit more lively and He nipped Ma other half haha
Kellog Posted - 05/05/2010 : 10:51:29
quote:
Originally posted by Lycun5

*Goes of to check the other Marshmellow*

Kehhlyr's boa is Marshmallow....but I think Marshmellow suits a corn a lot better as they are so much more mellow than boas !!

xxx
n/a Posted - 04/05/2010 : 12:58:05
Hey im going to pick up the new edition to the family from 0....to 2 in under a week, WOW!! Ill let you know whats happening thanks for all the support.

*Goes of to check the other Marshmellow*
Kellog Posted - 03/05/2010 : 18:45:25
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Oh Kehhlyr is the one with a snake called a Marshmallow..

A mean bad-ass boa.

Well it was a little bootlace when I saw it, but its now bigger than my 18 month old corn snake, he got that boa around late October.

For pics of that 'mean bad-ass boa' checkout out this link - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9167. Marshmallow's pics follow the first one, which is of Kehhlyr's seriously mean looking MBK called David Hisslehoff....or just the Hoff (it even has it's own K.I.T.T car!!) Also more pics of some of K's menagerie....only a few of them !

*goes off to check pics of Spike*

xxx

n/a Posted - 02/05/2010 : 18:22:19
cool looking forward to some pics, and Yeh I put Spikey up on other reps Pictures hope picture quality isnt to bad
DannyBrown91 Posted - 02/05/2010 : 15:38:39
Hey, welcome to the forum. Don't know how i missed this thread lol.

Yer Kehhlyrs boay is pretty cool. I believe shes about 3 foot long and around a year old now.
n/a Posted - 02/05/2010 : 14:51:55
Wow, a bad-ass boa you say...
well She can be the big sis then lolz (granted she dont eat her lil sis) lolz.
hillzi Posted - 02/05/2010 : 14:48:43
Oh Kehhlyr is the one with a snake called a Marshmallow..

A mean bad-ass boa.

Well it was a little bootlace when I saw it, but its now bigger than my 18 month old corn snake, he got that boa around late October.
n/a Posted - 02/05/2010 : 14:25:53
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

We have another snake called Marshmallow!!

Now those that thought it was a silly name are obviously wrong!

Also do you mind me asking who has the other Marshmellow? that would be awsome to hear another snake shares names with my lil one, Would like to see pic's
n/a Posted - 02/05/2010 : 14:22:59
Thanks Everyoen for the warm welcome, And ty Kellog I was using News paper until I Heard everyon's opinions on the Substrate, And yes most pet stores try and con you, which is a shame as Id care more about the welfare of the snake than making monney...
Oyster shells is what I use for my Beardie as well as sand somtimes, (Sand as he odd treat for him to bury never whilst shedding) and Yeh I love huskies to going to have to hunt down the Husky lovers ;) And Piccies of Spike and Storm are on route thanks for the info all. Looking forward to the next update for you :D
Sizzlesmum Posted - 02/05/2010 : 13:37:23
Hi and welcome
crazy JJ Posted - 02/05/2010 : 13:20:14
heya n welcome to the forum :D
HannahB Posted - 02/05/2010 : 09:35:00
hey and welcome
Kellog Posted - 02/05/2010 : 04:31:39
Hi Edward, it is really good that you have joined us officially - having 'lurked' here for a while ! As you have already found, this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship .

You have obviously already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

I am not sure if you have found this with your beardie, but unfortunately many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I know that I double check anything I am told on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I must admit that I have never heard of oyster shells being used as a substrate for corns, only for tortoises. A lot of us use Aspen or have recently moved over to Aubiouse or Hemcore (a horse-bedding that seems to be suitable for snakes). I am no expert but I would suggest that you change to one of these as soon as possible. In the meantime you can use shredded newspaper or layers of newspaper. Even kitchen roll can be used.

When you got Marshmallow hopefully you got as much info about her as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

The next place I will be heading is to the Pics section to see your little lass....and I cant wait ! I do hope you will be putting up pics of Spike in the 'Other Reptiles Section' - dont want him feeling left out!

You could also try looking at our sister site 'TheReptilian.co.uk', where there are owners of all sorts of reptiles . Over there you will find a friend straight away, one member is crazy about huskies and has just got his 2nd new one. He also supports Husky Lovers, you may be interested to check out their website (http://www.huskylovers.co.uk/index.htm). You can post pics of Storm in the 'Other Reps' section to (it is allowed ).

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is ****, I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx
mozacchio Posted - 02/05/2010 : 02:24:27
Hello and welcome to the forum..!
Kehhlyr Posted - 02/05/2010 : 00:56:08
We have another snake called Marshmallow!!

Now those that thought it was a silly name are obviously wrong!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000