The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi there!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mouse Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:03:26
I'm new on this forum, I've got 2 corns, one is a female* called Sprockett, one is a male snow called Gobo.

*I've been told she's a rose corn/amel plains/normal etc - bit confused to be fair, but she's lovely!

:D
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 12/03/2010 : 18:52:24
heya and welcome
Mouse Posted - 11/03/2010 : 22:40:58
@ Chrissy - thanks! (I may love the Fraggles far too much!)
hiper2009 Posted - 11/03/2010 : 12:53:19
hi and welcome
n/a Posted - 11/03/2010 : 12:25:44
hi and welcome im loving the name of your corns!

"Brain fog sounds like a type of sea fog that billows!" that made me giggle
Mouse Posted - 10/03/2010 : 15:46:58
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

It is great to hear of another keeper who is such a note keeper as I am, I sometimes get embarrassed cos of each of my snakes' diaries !! But they are really helpful (or at least I think so!)

I have mine bluetacked to the side of Sprockett's viv! I'm awful at losing things!! hehehe
I kept it mainly si I knew when I'd fed her so I wouldn't leave it too long between feeds. Plus if I get shoelaces I can see what I did with mumsy and compare! (I've lived with scientists for too long!!)

It is interesting that you were told she was a boy and found out she was a girl....we have had a number of forum members who were told their snakes were girls only to discover they were boys when they decided to go off their food cos they were horny !! So you have has Sprockett for 2 and a half years.....must have been lovely watching her grow from 4 months old to the size she is. I have only ever taken on adults so have missed the hatchling/juvie stage. Maybe one of these days.....

Hehehe, yeah, she got a fat lump on her side, and when I took her to the vet, even he thought she was a he. The vet didn't probe, but went on tail length. Yeah, she's gorgeous! When I get home, I'll post some pics of her a shoelace and you can see the differences in colour between now and then!!! I've kept her sloughs, as it's interesting to see the growth spurts!

What a wonderful way to start the new year! And dont worry about your memory....you will soon discover that I am known for my 'brain fog'!

xxx

I know! :D I was chuffed! He came home in a pillowcase, and she spent the journey home curled round him! hehe, when I put her in her viv, she draped herself over her branch in a rather slatternly way, then ignored me for a week when I didn't put him in. She's been twitching for a year, but I never knew why until Mike told me tis cos she's horny.

Brain fog sounds like a type of sea fog that billows!
[/quote]
Kellog Posted - 10/03/2010 : 10:41:26
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

.......Kellog - I keep a diary of feeding dates, what size mouse and how many. I also keep all the sloughs/sheds (whichever they're called!! :D)

It is great to hear of another keeper who is such a note keeper as I am, I sometimes get embarrassed cos of each of my snakes' diaries !! But they are really helpful (or at least I think so!)

I've had Sprockett since August 2007. She was 4 months old when I got her - I was told she was a boy, so the poor thing probably has an identity crisis! I found out she was a girl on new years day this year.

It is interesting that you were told she was a boy and found out she was a girl....we have had a number of forum members who were told their snakes were girls only to discover they were boys when they decided to go off their food cos they were horny !! So you have has Sprockett for 2 and a half years.....must have been lovely watching her grow from 4 months old to the size she is. I have only ever taken on adults so have missed the hatchling/juvie stage. Maybe one of these days.....

I got Gobo on new years day. (by the lovely guy who told me Sprockett was a girl!)
(I think Mike said he was about 3 years old...my memory is appalling!)

What a wonderful way to start the new year! And dont worry about your memory....you will soon discover that I am known for my 'brain fog'!

xxx
Mouse Posted - 10/03/2010 : 09:17:15
Hi guys! thanks!
I'm about to post more pics.
Kellog - I keep a diary of feeding dates, what size mouse and how many. I also keep all the sloughs/sheds (whichever they're called!! :D)

I've had Sprockett since August 2007. She was 4 months old when I got her - I was told she was a boy, so the poor thing probably has an identity crisis! I found out she was a girl on new years day this year.

I got Gobo on new years day. (by the lovely guy who told me Sprockett was a girl!)
(I think Mike said he was about 3 years old...my memory is appalling!)

Kellog Posted - 10/03/2010 : 02:29:24
Welcome to the forum Moina! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how long you have had Sprockett and Gobo, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

You have probably already found that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

Again, you have probably experienced this, but unfortunately many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I always double check anything I am being told on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I am not sure if you do this already, but I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

You have already had the demands for pics and been given the link to help put them up....I cant wait to see them (*heads off to find photos* )

It is great to say hi to you and I look forward to getting to know you better !!

xxx
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 21:08:19
welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:22:10
Welcome to the forum Mouse like the name
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:55:18
Hi and welcome to the forum
Mouse Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:23:01
Posted one - altho is now my sig as well! hehe

Will post more later! (also of Gobo!)
mozacchio Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:17:50
Waiting for the pics then! :)
Mouse Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:15:19
Thanks! I've hopefully got one up of Sprockett. Gobo will have to wait till I get home later tonight and choose a good one!
mozacchio Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:04:11
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

Heya! I can't find where to upload pics. I'm probably being dense!

To show your corns, you'll have to open a new topic at the "corn snake photos" session (just to show it to the world) or "corn snake morphs" if you wanna see what morph is it!
To show a photo in the topic, you have to upload it to photobucket first and then post it. There is a guide here: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14 .

Hope I helped,
Electra
Mouse Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:57:02
A Rosy Rat even! (according to http://iansvivarium.com/cornsnakemorphs.php)
Mouse Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:53:38
Heya! I can't find where to upload pics. I'm probably being dense!

I looked through all the morphs, and she looks like a rosy.
HannahB Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:46:59
hey and welcome
look forwards to seeing pics - im sure we can help with the morph!
mozacchio Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:07:29
Welcome to the forum! :) You will find anything here..!
Oh, and we would love to see some pics of both of your corns!
As for the morphs, go to the "corn snake morphs" part and post photos of her! There are many morph experts in here! :P

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000