The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Sut Mae!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/03/2010 : 11:04:12
Hello Everyone,

For many years I've been frightened of snakes (maybe terrified would be more apt)following a nasty scare from a rattlesnake whilst on a school trip oh so many years ago. However I met hatchling corn at the beginning of Feb and was completely bowled over and now I am totally fascinated by them. My beautiful hatchling (Isis) moved in on the 8th Feb and is totally amazing and very beautful. My husband also adopted an adult male on the same day called Spirit, who we think is about 4 or 5.

We live in a very beautiful part of Mid Wales with our youngest daughter aged 10 (who is also a snake addict!), 2 Corns, 6 Cats and 2 Australian Kelpies!

Hope to sort a few pics soon.

Cheers

Liz
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 03/03/2010 : 10:02:41
hi and welcome to the forum
gingerpony Posted - 02/03/2010 : 21:57:29
heya and welcome
n/a Posted - 02/03/2010 : 19:52:16
welcome to the forum
gmac Posted - 02/03/2010 : 19:20:36
Hiya and Welcome Lizzie
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 02/03/2010 : 19:01:40
welcome to the forum, whats a kelpie? lol
n/a Posted - 02/03/2010 : 14:12:14
Hi & welcome to the forum :o)
Kellog Posted - 02/03/2010 : 02:11:58
Croeso to the forum Lizzie (and Isis)! And happy St David's day (Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant - I think !!) for yesterday !!! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

It is amazing to hear that you have been able to overcome your terror of snakes enough to actually own one....and corns are definitely the best snake to build your confidence with. You are right in your comment about your hatchling being amazing and beautiful, as are all corns....and wonderful to handle and easy to care for once you have the knowledge you need.

Am sure you have already browsed the TCS site and forum, and found that it provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

Unfortunately, many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I suggest you double check anything you have been told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

When you got Isis (and your OH got Spirit) I hope you got as much info about them as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

Rhybudd - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

(Just got back from a week in Wales, south near Carmarthen though got across to Cardigan Bay. My OH's brother lives there. Beautiful, truly beautiful. Every time we go we threaten to move!.....and apologies for the poor attempts at Welsh!)
kdlang Posted - 01/03/2010 : 17:38:37
Hi Liz, huge welcome to you and your family. Look forward to seeing some pics.
n/a Posted - 01/03/2010 : 17:16:54
welcome to the forum
Kehhlyr Posted - 01/03/2010 : 13:54:26
Hiya and welcome to the forum.

n/a Posted - 01/03/2010 : 13:33:26
the welsh inhabitants are growing! i'm at barry just outside cardiff.

happy st davids day! and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 01/03/2010 : 12:34:56
Welcome to the forum lizzie
Azzheasman Posted - 01/03/2010 : 12:30:25
sounds quite close to my parents they are in bethania ? small world lol
n/a Posted - 01/03/2010 : 12:10:28
quote:
Originally posted by Azzheasman

what part of wales are you in lizzie im in swansea :) not so beautiful here lol but my parents live out near aberystwyth its very nice out that way

Yup it is very nice...I live about 20 mins away from Aberystwyth!!! Further inland and up in the mountains.

DannyBrown91 Posted - 01/03/2010 : 12:08:30
Hey, welcome to the forum...
Azzheasman Posted - 01/03/2010 : 12:02:44
awwh thats good to hear im trying to get my OH to not be so scared of them lol no chance yet tho, what part of wales are you in lizzie im in swansea :) not so beautiful here lol but my parents live out near aberystwyth its very nice out that way
HannahB Posted - 01/03/2010 : 11:19:40
hey and welcome to the forum
its always nice to hear how people who used to be afraid of snakes are now becoming addicted to them! trust me you will want more snakes in the future - 2 just isnt enough!!
look forwards to the pics
n/a Posted - 01/03/2010 : 11:15:52
Hi Liz and welcome to the forum, lots of people on here with loads of advice whenever you need it, so don't hesitate to ask. Look forward to pictures very soon.x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000