The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 One more corn lover

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mozacchio Posted - 28/02/2010 : 11:36:53
Hello! I'm a newbie..
I'm Electra, i'm from Greece and i looooooooooove my corn! :)
His name is Spagettino and he is 5 months old. There will be pics soon! :)
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 14:12:50
Hello & welcome to the forum
gingerpony Posted - 02/03/2010 : 21:56:46
heya and welcome
mozacchio Posted - 02/03/2010 : 17:34:30
quote:
Originally posted by Chrissy

edit - sorry for hijacking your thread mozacchio x

Naaahh, don't worry! Just say a welcome now and then!
My name is Electra btw! :)
n/a Posted - 02/03/2010 : 17:24:33
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

quote:
and judith ofcourse, but i can ask her bum later

Oh Chrissy, Judith never talks out of that
Seriously though, I'm off to work now but will email you guys when I've got more time to think about my reply. Unfortunately I've been trained to write long essays and never lost that skill so be prepared!!

Love, Sam

true dat! our ju is great me thinks
i like to read a good long essay from time to time, so no worries hope you had a good day at work.

kdlang, i don't think i have set foot in a Church for over 10 years, its quite shameful actually, especially considering i have a crucifix on my person 24/7 haha
"A snake is a creature of Gods creation and as such deserves to be nutured by us." 100% right you are about that i think

i look forward to your email sam

edit - sorry for hijacking your thread mozacchio x
Sammysnake Posted - 02/03/2010 : 08:26:41
quote:
and judith ofcourse, but i can ask her bum later

Oh Chrissy, Judith never talks out of that
Seriously though, I'm off to work now but will email you guys when I've got more time to think about my reply. Unfortunately I've been trained to write long essays and never lost that skill so be prepared!!

Love, Sam
kdlang Posted - 01/03/2010 : 17:49:45
I'm a Christian too but like you Chrissy, my knowledge and understanding is limited. Thanks Sammy for that quote and the meaning behind it. I love to learn more about the beliefs I have. Thankfully I have never come across anyone that dislikes snakes because of the connection to the devil. A snake is a creature of Gods creation and as such deserves to be nutured by us.
n/a Posted - 01/03/2010 : 17:15:01
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

I’m a committed Christian too and have a degree in Biblical Studies. I've occasionally come across this viewpoint but it’s usually held by people who can only quote the image of the devil as a snake in the Old Testament and don’t think past that. I like the part of the Bible quoted below.

“About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."
The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." (Acts 10:9-15)

On one level the vision is telling Peter he is no longer bound by the old Jewish food laws (now he has become a believer in Jesus) but the deeper message to Peter and Christians today is that we are not bound by any of the old laws. Hence if God says reptiles are clean (as in holy) enough for one of Jesus’ main apostles to eat (not that he would want to) then they are certainly clean (or holy) enough for us to keep as pets!

Hope this helps, I can explain the context more if anyone's that interested. Sam

i would be interested to have this further explained by your goodself sam i'm a christian, and this "snakes are the devil" thing has crossed my mind a few times, but other than you and judith, have not met a christian yet who can explain it all to me. im not devout and lack much knowledge that a christian should have so it would be great to learn from you (and judith ofcourse, but i can ask her bum later )
mozacchio Posted - 01/03/2010 : 16:39:59
Here in Greece almost no one really understands what the Bible says and they misunderstand lots of its parts.. :/
The "snake part" is one of them..
Sammysnake Posted - 01/03/2010 : 16:28:11
I’m a committed Christian too and have a degree in Biblical Studies. I've occasionally come across this viewpoint but it’s usually held by people who can only quote the image of the devil as a snake in the Old Testament and don’t think past that. I like the part of the Bible quoted below.

“About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."
The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean." (Acts 10:9-15)

On one level the vision is telling Peter he is no longer bound by the old Jewish food laws (now he has become a believer in Jesus) but the deeper message to Peter and Christians today is that we are not bound by any of the old laws. Hence if God says reptiles are clean (as in holy) enough for one of Jesus’ main apostles to eat (not that he would want to) then they are certainly clean (or holy) enough for us to keep as pets!

Hope this helps, I can explain the context more if anyone's that interested. Sam
mozacchio Posted - 01/03/2010 : 13:35:34
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog
I am a very strong Christian and that attitude makes me cringe. It gives Christianity a bad name. I know, with Catholics in particular, there can be very strong beliefs like this....but in the end the snake is a creature that God created and is beautiful and is to be cared for by us!!!

Here is Greece, everyone is so close-minded..
But i really don't care! :)
I walk around with my camera and i show Spaghettino to everyone..!
Most of them look at me like i am nuts but i have some allies as well! :)
Kellog Posted - 01/03/2010 : 09:44:34
quote:
Originally posted by mozacchio

Thanks for all the info Kellog! :)
........ Before i got Spaghettino, i first searched for hours on the internet about corns! I love animals too much and i wouldn't get one without being completely sure that i could take care of it.

That is so good to hear Electra, so often people just walk into a pet shop, walk out with a snake and whatever the pet shop tells them they need (which, too often, is wrong!!!)....then they get home and just 'make do', not realising the stress and suffering their snake is going through - they just dont care. Its lovely having a new forum member who so obviously cares.

As for Greece, everyone here is Christian and, for them, the snake represents Satan.. Even my grandmother said "i wish it dies"! Whatever.. Don't remind me because i really hate this whole story! It's so stupid!

I am a very strong Christian and that attitude makes me cringe. It gives Christianity a bad name. I know, with Catholics in particular, there can be very strong beliefs like this....but in the end the snake is a creature that God created and is beautiful and is to be cared for by us!!!

One last thing..
I'm addicted to corns and i'm proud of it..! ;)

Welcome to the addiction club!! But how long will it be before you get a new corn to join Spaghettino??

xxx
mozacchio Posted - 01/03/2010 : 08:46:26
Thanks for all the info Kellog! :)
As for the email, at the FAQ, i read a text about it: "Can I be notified by e-mail when there are new posts?", but i really didn't understand a thing! :P For now, i just keep refreshing tha active topics.
Oh, and don't worry. Before i got Spaghettino, i first searched for hours on the internet about corns! I love animals too much and i wouldn't get one without being completely sure that i could take care of it.
As for Greece, everyone here is Christian and, for them, the snake represents Satan.. Even my grandmother said "i wish it dies"! Whatever.. Don't remind me because i really hate this whole story! It's so stupid!
One last thing..
I'm addicted to corns and i'm proud of it..! ;)
Kellog Posted - 01/03/2010 : 03:53:36
Welcome to the forum Electra (and Spaghettino)! Its great to be welcoming an international member!! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

The forum provides great information. You have obviously already been browsing around, but the best place to start is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

You asked how to get an email as soon as you get a reply to your topic. Unfortunately you dont with this forum. Best thing to do is to click 'active topics' (top right) each time you log-in, and that will show you all the action since you were last on the site....but I do agree that it can be frustrating to keep having to refresh the page to see if anyone has replied! Am sure a Mod can explain it better.

You will find that there is a large amount of conflicting information out there about corn keeping – on the internet, in books, etc. Even on here you will find that people have different opinions.....but at least you have a place to ask what you need to know and get the answers from experienced owners. Then you can decide what to do with what you are told.

I am not sure what it is like in Greece, but unfortunately many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I suggest you double check anything you have been told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

When you got Spaghettino I hope you got as much info about him as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Well done for complying with the unwritten forum rule (pics as soon as possible) without even knowing about it! Cant wait to have a look.

It is interesting that most peoples reaction in Greece is to be scared. You get that a bit here, but not majorly so. Some people do have a fear reaction, with others it is revulsion and others just cant understand why you would WANT to have a snake!

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx
mozacchio Posted - 28/02/2010 : 22:13:35
Thanks! :) adore him..! I'm new to the snakes's family, as i never had a snake before but i always loved them. The problem is that here is Greece owning a snake makes most people terrified. :/ Luckily my bf had a ball python and i loved it. I tried to handle it all the time and never let it alone, so he decided that i needed a snake myself and he bought me Spaghettino! :)
n/a Posted - 28/02/2010 : 22:05:47
heya and welcome to the forums. Spaghettino is a cutie
mozacchio Posted - 28/02/2010 : 21:48:58
Posted pics on "corn snake photos"!
At the topic "Meet Spaghettino again"..!
kdlang Posted - 28/02/2010 : 21:17:06
Hi and welcome to the forums.
mozacchio Posted - 28/02/2010 : 18:02:26
quote:
Originally posted by samRILEY

What colours is it ??

That's a really difficult question to answer. It's a little general! :P
I'll put some pics so that you tell me!
n/a Posted - 28/02/2010 : 17:57:08
What colours is it ??
mozacchio Posted - 28/02/2010 : 17:45:58
Yeah, i know! I've read the "morphs" topics a lot and i've heard that eeji is the master on morphs! :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000