The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello Chickens

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 15/02/2010 : 19:06:13
Hello

I've just bought my first corn. His name is Charlie Sweets and he is a 5 month old snow stripe.

Hopefully I'l get to know you all soon.
^_^
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 21/02/2010 : 10:01:15
Hello and welcome
n/a Posted - 21/02/2010 : 06:47:15
Welcome to you and Sweet Charlie[quote]Originally posted by Mutley McGee
Kellog Posted - 21/02/2010 : 03:43:43
Welcome to the forum Sara! (Sorry for the late 'hi'...been away!) This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . I am not sure how much information you already know about corn snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

The forum provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

HannahB has already mentioned The one-week rule...no handling or feeding for the first week to allow Charlie to get over the stress of the move and for him to get used to the new smells and his new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, so he can get used to your smell and not be threatened by you. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. It is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake....and you are nearly at the end of it!!

Unfortunately, many pet shops cannot be trusted with what they are telling you . I suggest you double check anything you have been told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer. I know you can get swamped with different topics including what you are searching for, so it is a bit daunting but worth a look. If you cant find the answer you are looking for then dont hesitate to ask!

I hope that when you got Charlie Sweets you got as much info about him as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 17/02/2010 : 21:28:08
heya and welcome
n/a Posted - 17/02/2010 : 15:41:54
Howdy. & Welcome.
n/a Posted - 17/02/2010 : 08:00:42
hi and welcome
SexyBear77 Posted - 16/02/2010 : 20:42:56
Helloo!!
lmfastcars Posted - 16/02/2010 : 13:39:06
hey welcome :)
HannahB Posted - 16/02/2010 : 07:37:11
hey and welcome

make sure you leave him for a week to settle in, no feeding, no handling nothing just regular water changes.. just so that he has chance to get used to the new environment corns can go a long time without feeding so him missing a feed wont be a problem,
look forwards to the pics once hes settled in
kdlang Posted - 15/02/2010 : 20:17:04
Hi and welcome to the forums. I am loving the name Charlie Sweets. A cute name for a cute snake
n/a Posted - 15/02/2010 : 20:16:40
Thanks everyone
^_^
Figs Posted - 15/02/2010 : 20:08:18
Hello and welcome :D
Charlie Sweets looks so cute!
and i love the name too
n/a Posted - 15/02/2010 : 19:52:00
Hello and Welcome!
xXx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/02/2010 : 19:39:08
Hey, welcome to the forum.