The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hello

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 07/02/2010 : 10:25:17
Hi everyone
my first snake was a king snake a year ago she about 4 years old she white with thin yellow strips now I got a corn she about 4ft long dark brown /Orange been told she 3 years old but no sure.
going to need some help with her as she hiss & strikes a lot

All the best to you all Darren
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 08/02/2010 : 21:30:03
heya and welcome
kdlang Posted - 07/02/2010 : 21:29:17
Hi Darren, welcome
n/a Posted - 07/02/2010 : 20:51:54
Welcome to the forum Darren
lee2308 Posted - 07/02/2010 : 15:36:04
hi darren welcome to th corn side of things
KITTYCAT Posted - 07/02/2010 : 12:40:59
hi n welcome to the forum
gmac Posted - 07/02/2010 : 11:41:44
Hi Darren welcome over here
Kellog Posted - 07/02/2010 : 11:36:01
Glad you have done an official welcome Darren...so we can all say hi properly. Think I have said all I would normally say in your post about your corn, just need to add the bit about the unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14.

Am not sure if you have found this with your king snake, but unfortunately you cannot trust what many pet shops tell you . I suggest you double check anything you have been told with us on here.

I know you already have your king but now you have started down the corn path...so a warning is needed - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that path so be warned!!

Do hope you are able to get the advice you need to help you 'tame' your corn...I have no doubts that you will, with time and patience and help from here.

xxx

n/a Posted - 07/02/2010 : 11:34:14
Hello and Welcome

xXx
lmfastcars Posted - 07/02/2010 : 11:03:21
try handleing them for 5 mins at a time and gradually work your way up to about 15, be confident! good luck
meggi Posted - 07/02/2010 : 10:49:12
hi , welcome.

How often do you handle your snake? If you don`t handle her enogh it could cause her to be aggresive. Another reason she could be aggresive is that you don`t leave her long enough to digest her food.She will nedd at-least 48hrs after feeding before you can handle her.

hope this helps megxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000