The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hi everyone!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 03:29:50
Hello
I dont have a snake, but my boyfriend just recently got a corn snake and I'm pretty much there 24/7 and at first I thought I wouldn't touch him because I was scared of snakes but I'm INLOVE with zeus (thats his name). I cant wait to learn a bunch about snakes.
so yeah HELLO everyone!
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 28/01/2010 : 23:16:22
Hi and welcome to you too. It's great to hear you both getting so involved. And i agree with those above. I think you will find yourself looking at snakes for yourself in the not too distant future. Our snake is actually my sons and I am looking forward to getting one of my own.
n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 16:13:28
that's funny. I never liked snakes either until I met this science teacher at the school who had two of them in his classroom. They peaked my curiosity and I began visiting the local pet store and reading up on care programs in the computer. Four months later i had Snickers who, at the time, I described as a piece of thread with a head attached, but someone here has a better name for babies...shoe laces. I would go through withdrawals to lose Snickers now.
quote:
Originally posted by d.l

Hello
I dont have a snake, but my boyfriend just recently got a corn snake and I'm pretty much there 24/7 and at first I thought I wouldn't touch him because I was scared of snakes but I'm INLOVE with zeus (thats his name). I cant wait to learn a bunch about snakes.
so yeah HELLO everyone!

gingerpony Posted - 27/01/2010 : 23:01:23
heya and welcome
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 21:20:03
Thanks everyone
reptiledanny Posted - 26/01/2010 : 19:33:25
welcome to the forum, enjoy
lee2308 Posted - 26/01/2010 : 19:27:48
hi and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 18:21:52
Welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 10:50:15
Hi and welcome.
HannahB Posted - 26/01/2010 : 10:13:31
hey and welcome

i agree with skorps - wont be long until you have a snake or two of your own!!
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 07:57:09
Hello and Welcome!
Before you know it...you'll have your own snake...
xXx
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 05:14:39
Yes, he really does appreciate all the advice & he is dedicated to Zeus %100. He is a very loved snake between the both of us.
Kellog Posted - 26/01/2010 : 05:04:45
quote:
Originally posted by d.l

yeah
his username is tidus & I know, I thought he was crazy at first for getting a snake then I fell inlove with Zeus. I cant wait to watch him grow & learn more about him/from him and this website

Of course, I should have realised it was Tidus....have responded to a number of his posts (which I do hope he didnt take as criticisms, because they certainly werent meant that way!) He has really shown how dedicated he is to Zeus and how much he wants to learn - just the sort of forum member we love !

xxx
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 04:28:38
yeah
his username is tidus & I know, I thought he was crazy at first for getting a snake then I fell inlove with Zeus. I cant wait to watch him grow & learn more about him/from him and this website
Kellog Posted - 26/01/2010 : 04:21:42
Just after I posted your reply I did wonder if your BF was already on here!! Thought I recognised the name Zeus from someone new to the forum! I probably gave him the same sort of welcome I have given you !!

It is great you have found something that you can both love (even if you didnt think you could to begin with !

xxx
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 04:13:32
Thankyou
and my boyfriend is actually on this site too, he has posted a few topics within the past few days, so i'm sure if he needs to find out any information he could just search here aswell. and yes i love zeus and look forward to learning lots of new things about him and about snakes in general. I'm sure this site will be very helpful!
Kellog Posted - 26/01/2010 : 04:07:48
Welcome to the forum Deseray (and your boyfriend's snake Zeus!!) This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship . It is amazing that you have gone from not wanting to touch him to falling in love !! Well done. Now what you need to do is learn as much as you can about corns so you can show your boyfriend how committed you are !!!

The forum provides great information. The best place to look is http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

I hope your BF was told The one-week rule...no handling or feeding for the first week to allow him to get over the stress of the move and for him to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. This means your BF just putting his hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means Zeus can get used to your BF's smell and not feel threatened by him. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting Zeus to de-stress and feel safe. It is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake.

Unfortunately with many pet shops you cannot trust what they are telling you . Double check anything your BF has been told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer, if not then dont hesitate to ask!

When your BF got Zeus I hope he got as much info about him as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Suggest he starts his own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible (even if Zeus if your BF's snake!!!) This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You and your BF have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000