The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi everyone

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 25/01/2010 : 15:55:46

Hi everyone

My name is Effy (yes, like the girl from Skins!) and I got an 09 Caramel Corn Snake yesterday, which I have named Louis, even though I think it's a girl!

Louis is my only reptile, despite the fact I had my first reptile 5 years ago. Everything kind of went wrong with my life and I had to find new homes for all of my reptiles, which was awful. But I have now got myself sorted again and so have a little corn snake again :)

I have kept...corn snakes, royal pythons, brazilian rainbow boas, rosy boas, amazon tree boas, ribbon snakes, rankins dragons, agamas, pygmy and yemen chameleons, flying geckos, golden geckos, dwarf sand geckos, crested geckos, leopard geckos, green anoles and a lot lot more.

My house is a bit of a mad house, which includes 3 Ragdoll Cats, a Jack Russell Terrier, 6 Hamsters and a Senegal Parrot!

I am animal mad and very passionate about them all. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all on here

Thanks for reading,
Ef x
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 27/01/2010 : 22:57:14
heya and welcome
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 10:52:35
Hello Effy and welcome
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 08:59:42
Thanks for the post Kellog. It has been a while since I bought a new reptile friend so it is good to re-read it all!
Louis was fed the day before I picked him up, (great, I know!) but I only had a 10 minute car journey and I had his set up all sorted for a few days before I got him so the temps were correct. So as soon as I got him home, I put him in his viv straight away and have left him to it! I think he may also be coming up for a shed aswell, he has that 'dull' look about him. He has been moving around a bit but is also very quiet so I know he is digesting and possibly getting ready to shed! He isn't a really small hatchling, he was born June ish last year. Although my local reptile place couldn't be sure as they have had a new reptile 'expert' since little Louis came in to the shop! All their reptiles are well looked after, correct setups, fed well etc etc but they aren't very hot on keeping records of when the reptile came in!
Hence why I didn't put any pics up last night, lol!
n/a Posted - 26/01/2010 : 08:54:00
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

Welcome to the forum Effy
From your post I have worked out where you live?

The Zoo

Ermm....I'm not sure? Do I know you?
Kellog Posted - 26/01/2010 : 03:21:13
Welcome to the forum Effy (and Louis!!)! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support, although considering your history with reptiles I am sure you already know a fair bit....but there is always more to learn . You also get lots of fun and friendship . You obviously must know a lot, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know....but as it was a few years ago and I always feel it is better heard twice than not at all.....

Information you probably know but may be worthwhile reminding yourself - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm and http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

Again, a reminder (I feel awful doing this but do think it is necessary) The one-week rule...no handling or feeding for the first week. I am sure you know the reasons for this.

IF you have any questions then remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer, if not then dont hesitate to ask!

Not sure if you did this when you had your other reptiles but I hope that when you got Louis you got as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. I keep my own 'Snake Diaries', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but I think it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

Again...my apologies for telling you what you already know and treating you as a Newbie , when you arent really one....but think it is always better to be safe than sorry.

You certainly have had a lot of experience with the reps you have had in the past, and a wide range as well. Your house does sound like a mad house....I have never heard of 'Ragdoll' cats before! You are obviously animal mad and it is lovely having someone as passionate and caring joining our forum !!

I will remind you though...corn snakes are addictive (and you have already been down that path with reps once before !!) The majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!"

xxx
kdlang Posted - 25/01/2010 : 21:51:45
Hi Effy and welcome
n/a Posted - 25/01/2010 : 19:29:55
From your post I have worked out where you live?

The Zoo
nails Posted - 25/01/2010 : 18:21:33
n/a Posted - 25/01/2010 : 17:56:12
Welcome, Effy.
n/a Posted - 25/01/2010 : 17:07:48
hello and welcome ..
lmfastcars Posted - 25/01/2010 : 17:06:29
Hey Hey Hey :) Look foward to the pics :D
DannyBrown91 Posted - 25/01/2010 : 16:32:10
Hey welcome to the forum, thats quite some collection you have had. Looking forward to those pics of louis.

n/a Posted - 25/01/2010 : 16:26:31
Thanks for the welcomes! I will put some piccies of Louis up this evening :)
n/a Posted - 25/01/2010 : 16:06:31
Hello and Welcome
Sounds like you have your hands full!
xXx
HannahB Posted - 25/01/2010 : 16:04:10
hey and welcome

sounds like you have a mad house!
look forwards to pics of Louis

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000