The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi all!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 13/01/2010 : 19:39:31
Just thought id say hi
im new to this forum but iv been reading through the topics and found a lot of useful info. Iv not got a corn at the mo but im looking at getting one later in the year, just want to make sure i do all the proper research first so i can make my corn snake as happy as possible.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 13:11:17
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

My hubby put his foot down that there will not be another pet in this house. It doesn't stop me from looking in the pet stores.

"i already do!!!!! hubby not too happy though..lol"

lol trouble is hubby don't like snakes and took me 5 months to talk him into letting our son have one, me i've got the snake bug bad and would love another one, maybe a female and perhaps try to mate them once old enough
Can't see it happenin though lol.
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 10:46:47
My hubby put his foot down that there will not be another pet in this house. It doesn't stop me from looking in the pet stores.

"i already do!!!!! hubby not too happy though..lol"
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 10:27:11
hello and welcome
n/a Posted - 15/01/2010 : 09:19:42
[quote]Originally posted by godzchild9

Be prepared to want another and another once you've had your's for a short while. I got Snickers out of curiosity when I became attracted to the normal corn in my friend's science class. Now a day doesn't go by that I don't hold her except for the first couple of days after feeding. I've been surprised to realize they have personalities like other animals.[quote]Originally posted by spam08

i already do!!!!! hubby not too happy though..lol
HannahB Posted - 14/01/2010 : 17:33:32
hey and welcome
feel free to ask any questions - nothin is deemed silly or unimportant on here
lmfastcars Posted - 14/01/2010 : 17:29:58
welcome and Skorps just about summed it up, corns are too adictive
n/a Posted - 14/01/2010 : 16:04:13
quote:
Originally posted by mom2mysononly

Hi from another newbie.

Also thanks Skorps for the link we have now seen what Steve will be like when he grows up.

HAHA!

Prepare for the Addiction to kick in!!

xXx
n/a Posted - 14/01/2010 : 08:04:39
Beardies are cute. I would've gotten one of those except for the heat requirement and I had done all my research on the corn snake. I didn't want to get another type of animal without doing the same amount of reading and video observing as I'd done with the corn.
quote:
Originally posted by spam08

quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

Hey, welcome to the forum.

Do you have any particular morph in mind or are you open minded to lots of different mirphs?

I'm open minded really, im new to snakes although iv got a beardie so i dont know that much about the different morphs. Iv been looking through the posted pics and there all gorgeous.......i want them all

n/a Posted - 14/01/2010 : 08:01:09
Be prepared to want another and another once you've had your's for a short while. I got Snickers out of curiosity when I became attracted to the normal corn in my friend's science class. Now a day doesn't go by that I don't hold her except for the first couple of days after feeding. I've been surprised to realize they have personalities like other animals.
quote:
Originally posted by spam08

Just thought id say hi
im new to this forum but iv been reading through the topics and found a lot of useful info. Iv not got a corn at the mo but im looking at getting one later in the year, just want to make sure i do all the proper research first so i can make my corn snake as happy as possible.

n/a Posted - 14/01/2010 : 07:52:48
Hey thanks, Skorps. I know that site was for someone else, but I'd never found it and I love the information.
quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

You may like this link...

http://iansvivarium.com/cornmorphs.php

xx

n/a Posted - 14/01/2010 : 07:39:28
Hi from another newbie.

Also thanks Skorps for the link we have now seen what Steve will be like when he grows up.
Kellog Posted - 14/01/2010 : 02:46:24
Welcome to the forum Lasalle! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship. I am not sure how much information you already know about corns snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all. It is fantastic that you are doing your research before getting your snake , you are just the sort of corn lover we like to welcome !

The forum provides great information. This is a good place to start, http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm, it has lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

I know it is very early as you are only doing research at the moment, but it is important enough to mention now - The one-week rule...no handling or feeding for the first week to allow your snake to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily, straighten the substrate and remove any poo etc, which means the snake is getting used to your smell and not being threatened by you. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you.

Unfortunately with many pet shops you cannot trust what they are telling you . Double check anything you are told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question .....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! The first place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer, if not then dont hesitate to ask!

When you get your snake I hope you get as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog and Silvesta poo !!

Very early I know, but there is an unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

As far as morphs go there are so many stunning ones and you can get a rough idea of what sort you like. But the best thing to do is to go into a shop and see which one you fall for ! Might surprise you and be totally different to the ones you expected to like once you see it for real.

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You are about to start down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx
kdlang Posted - 13/01/2010 : 22:19:34
Hi and welcome. I'm sure whichever you choose will be stunning, just make sure we get to see some pics lol. This site is great for research and you will get great advise. Being able to ask questions on here, no matter how daft they sound, has made our introduction into snake keeping so much more enjoyable and stressfree (almost) lol
DannyBrown91 Posted - 13/01/2010 : 22:12:04
I would like a candycane corn snake and have the shop owner where i got my first snake on the look out for one. But i was open minded when i went into the shop and i come out with my Ghost Corn Casper
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/01/2010 : 21:59:02
Hiya and welcome.
Most people like several different morphs, but then tend to see one in a shop one day, and that is the one for them.
gingerpony Posted - 13/01/2010 : 21:49:01
heya and welcome
newsnakekeeper Posted - 13/01/2010 : 21:10:52
Hi spam welcome to the forum i newish here 2 dont know what to do with all these people who will give u information they know there stuff
nails Posted - 13/01/2010 : 20:42:47
Welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 13/01/2010 : 20:16:41
quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

xx

Thanx for that, iv saved it to my favourites. I didnt realise just how many morphs were around
n/a Posted - 13/01/2010 : 20:02:38

xx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000