The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello, new to this forum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nails Posted - 31/12/2009 : 14:32:16
Hi everyone, Another newbie here, had my corn snake a week now, also brought a royal python at the same time, so have to web sites to contend with!!!! Lol Corn is a carolina, about 4 months old.
Python is about 6 months, both have settled well into their surroundings and can't wait to get them out and start handling them, first feed at the weekend too, so looking forward to that.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 01/01/2010 : 18:38:41
Hello and Welcome- nice snake :)
xXx
n/a Posted - 01/01/2010 : 17:49:17
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Hellow and welcome to the forum

hang on, my step sister's snake is called whisky
n/a Posted - 01/01/2010 : 17:47:50
quote:
Originally posted by nails

Hope this has worked, this is Wizard

he is soo cute! i got my corn yesturday, his name is Diavlo
Kellog Posted - 01/01/2010 : 07:33:26
Welcome to the forum Nails! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus . Not sure what you already know about snakes, so apologies for if I am telling you stuff you already know, but better told twice than not at all.

I know you have had your corn a week already but hope you were told the one-week rule - no handling or feeding for the first week after getting it. This gives it time to get over the stress of the move and get used to its new environment. All you should do is change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means the snake has a chance to get used to your smell. Obviously you are past this stage....but thought it worth a mention. If you were not told about it (and unfortunately few people are) then it may be worthwhile starting it from now, especially if your snake is showing any signs of stress.

The care sheet on here is very good (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. You can also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

No question asked on this forum is a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! Use the search option in top right corner to get information and if you cant find the answer there then ask!! Unfortunately pet shops often give 'questionable' advice , so please check out on here anything you are told just to make sure that what they have said is right.

I hope when you got your snake you got as much info as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!

You have already complied with the unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible! And Wizard is beautiful, love the colouring and what marking you can see poking out the substrate !

A warning - Keeping corns is very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while others who are not so lucky try to contain their jealousy!! Am sure it is the same with Royals!!

Definitely check out our sister sites...am sure you will get a welcome just as warm as you have here! (Although this is, of course, the best site of them all )

xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 31/12/2009 : 18:53:56
Hellow and welcome to the forum
hillzi Posted - 31/12/2009 : 17:11:33
Hey :)

Lovely looking carolina.
n/a Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:58:14
aw what a cutie
nails Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:56:06

Hope this has worked, this is Wizard
Kehhlyr Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:45:58
Hiya and welcome to the forum.

If you follow the instructions for posting photos from here: http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

That should do it.
gmac Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:45:09
hi and welcome to the forum nails
HannahB Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:44:57
this link should help you out
you need a photobucket account to show us your snake

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14
nails Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:38:50
I would put pictures on but for some reason i must be doing something wrong as tried last night on the sister site Royal Pythons and couldn't do it.
n/a Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:02:50
hi and welcome to the forum nails
and tony81 so it seems
tony81 Posted - 31/12/2009 : 15:04:07
hi everybody
HannahB Posted - 31/12/2009 : 14:50:35
hey and welcome

look forwards to the pics..
join up on.. www.theroyalpython.co.uk and www.thereptilian.co.uk

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000