The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 RUSTY

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:08:51
HI EVERYONE I JUST GOT MY FIRST BABY CORNSNAKE RUSTY BUT NOT SURE OF HIS AGE HE IS ABOUT 25 INCHES LONG CAN ANY ONE HELP THANKS
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 01/01/2010 : 07:38:26
Welcome to the forum Bella! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus .

As already mentioned...the one-week rule - no handling or feeding for the first week after getting it. This gives your snake time to get over the stress of the move and get used to its new environment. All you should do is change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means the snake has a chance to get used to your smell.

HannahB has already guided you to the care sheet, which has lots of information for new snake owners. You can also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

No question asked on this forum is a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! Use the search option in top right corner to get information and if you cant find the answer there then ask!! Unfortunately pet shops often give 'questionable' advise , so please check anything they have said on here, just to make sure that you have been told the right thing.

I hope when you got your snake you got as much info as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos !

Unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - Keeping corns is very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while those who are not so lucky try to contain their jealousy!!

xxx
n/a Posted - 31/12/2009 : 13:29:22
thanks every one for getting back to me and as soon as i can i will add some pics of rusty
lmfastcars Posted - 31/12/2009 : 11:38:16
Hey and welcome! :)

Never be affraid to ask any questions because everyone on here is really helpful and knowledgeable :)
gingerpony Posted - 30/12/2009 : 21:03:05
heya and welcome

size depends a lot on how well they've fed or been fed but it's likely to be 1-2.5 years old
hillzi Posted - 30/12/2009 : 18:53:50
Hey. :)
reptiledanny Posted - 30/12/2009 : 18:20:59
welcome to the forum. nice to see you all enthuistac about your new snake. like hannahb sed no handling and no feeding for 7 days only water changes and toilet changing. also like someone else sed, sorry can't remember who sed it, can't really say how old it by growth. some corns will b smaller than others. some will put all thier effort into growing longer, some put all their effort into muscle and others just put it into other things.
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 17:05:29
Congratulations for your new snake
Welcome to the Forum
x
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 15:55:20
hey and welcome congratz on the new snakie!
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:26:59
Hello and welcome to the forum
HannahB Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:21:14
hey and welcome

you need to read this first as it has all the basic info on about caring for your new snakey
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm

also you need to leave him alone for a week to settle in - no feeding no handling nothing - just change the water every day and remove any soiled substrate..

as for age tbh size isnt necessarily an indicator but id hazard a rough guess at around a year old or just under..

oh and dont forget to post some pics of rusty

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000