The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hello all my name angie

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 19:51:04
i just got my first corn snake for xmas
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:29:57
Hello and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 10:46:31
Glad you got a cornsnake for christmas you wont be dissapionted a tall! Have a good look round the forum and you can learn a great deal.
Kellog Posted - 30/12/2009 : 03:49:14
Welcome to the forum Angie! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship. I am not sure how much information you already know about corns snake keeping and how much research you have done before getting your Christmas present, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

This is a great place to start (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. And GingerPony has already directed you to the best place for new owners.

I hope you have been told the one-week rule...no handling or feeding for the first week to allow your snake to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means the snake is getting used to your smell and no being threatened by you. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you.

Unfortunately with many pet shops you cannot trust what they are telling you. Double check anything you have been told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer, if not then dont hesitate to ask!

When you got your snake I hope you got as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link should help you with that....http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx
HannahB Posted - 29/12/2009 : 23:06:50
hey and welcome
Kehhlyr Posted - 29/12/2009 : 22:39:53
Hello and welcome
gingerpony Posted - 29/12/2009 : 21:54:22
heya and welcome

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133
hillzi Posted - 29/12/2009 : 20:54:03
Hey Angie.

Just remember snakes for life, not just for xmas, like any other pet.
lmfastcars Posted - 29/12/2009 : 20:16:24
Congrats! Mery christmas, looking foward to the photos :D
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 19:53:08
Hey!
Congratulations!
Welcome to the Forum!
The Guys and Gals are really friendly here :)
And are always on hand to offer advice:)
xXx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000