The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hey All

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DannyBrown91 Posted - 29/12/2009 : 17:53:44
Hey everyone, been wanting a snake for a couple of years now and today got my first corn snake.
Its name is casper (The friendly ghost corn).

He is currently exploring his new Faunarium, i will post a couple of pictures of him in his little home soon, but untill then thats me out, Cya...
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 03/01/2010 : 02:34:52
There's a lot of people called Danny here! Well so far I've counted 3 Dannys recently posting stuff so welcome new Danny! I've just got my first corn too :) GOOD LUCK!
hiper2009 Posted - 02/01/2010 : 02:27:19
Hi and welcome
DannyBrown91 Posted - 01/01/2010 : 23:37:44
Thanks kellog.
Kellog Posted - 01/01/2010 : 07:43:41
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I am not sure how much information you already know about corns snake keeping, (I hope you know more than just your brother looking after his school's corn for a while !!) so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

Yes i did quite alot of research into corn snakes over the past 1 - 2 weeks, reading information on various different websites including the information on this website and also some of the threads in the forum itself.

That is such fantastic news to hear Danny, well done! Too many people just go out and buy a snake without realising what they are taking on . Sounds like you are the sort of corn-keeper we welcome with open arms !!!

xxx
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:28:32
Hello and welcome to the forum
HannahB Posted - 30/12/2009 : 13:57:52
hey and welcome
casper is lovely
DannyBrown91 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 13:21:10
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I am not sure how much information you already know about corns snake keeping, (I hope you know more than just your brother looking after his school's corn for a while !!) so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

Yes i did quite alot of research into corn snakes over the past 1 - 2 weeks, reading information on various different websites including the information on this website and also some of the threads in the forum itself.
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 12:06:20

Welcome and thanks for the pic, I actually like this pic a lot.

n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 10:42:39
Congrats on your first corn snake they are great to watch. Try and get some better pics up so we can have a good look.

Everyone on here are very friendly and full of advice so post away!
Kellog Posted - 30/12/2009 : 03:32:44
Welcome to the forum Danny! This is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship. I am not sure how much information you already know about corns snake keeping, (I hope you know more than just your brother looking after his school's corn for a while !!) so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

The forum provides great information. Hopefully you have already looked at this care sheet on here (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

As already mentioned once or twice !! The one-week rule...no handling or feeding for the first week to allow your snake to get over the stress of the move and for it to get used to the new smells and its new surroundings. This means just putting your hand in to change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means the snake is getting used to your smell and no being threatened by you. You are rarely advised this in a lot of pet shops but it is an important way of getting your snake to de-stress and feel safe with you. Obviously the pet shop has advised you to feed Casper straight away and you followed their advice, but it would be good to leave her for a week now again before you feed/handle her. It is a hard week, very frustrating, but worth it for the snake's sake.

Unfortunately with many pet shops you cannot trust what they are telling you. Double check anything you have been told with us on here. Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! First place to look is in the top right hand corner of the screen where there is a search button...type in what you are worried about and see if you can find an answer, if not then dont hesitate to ask!

When you got Casper I hope you got as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

You have already complied with the unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! Well done! I know its not the best pic but from what I can see Casper is lovely. I look forward to seeing more pics when you can get them.

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have just started down that corn path so be warned!!

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 00:00:29

Its not the best picture but thought i should show you guys. I'll take some better ones when i can get her out of the tank next week...
gingerpony Posted - 29/12/2009 : 21:53:28
heya and welcome
lmfastcars Posted - 29/12/2009 : 20:15:29
Yay! Congratulations :D the first week is hard to do unfortunatly but has to be done to make your snake happeir and less stressed. Looking foward to the photos!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 29/12/2009 : 19:54:00
Yes, i havn't handled her(i think) since just after we got home when i fed her, i was surprised she took it but lee (shop owner) said it was feeding day and it might be a little hungry. She seems happy in her tank, shes been wondering around a little and the last time i checked she was curled up near its water bowl.

We've had a corn snake in the house for the past week or so since my brother bought home his schools snake for the holidays. Thats what made want to finally just go out and get one lol. Casper seems much more active than theres though.

Can't wait for this week to finish so i can get her out.

Will charge my phone up later on and take a few snap shots of casper in its tank.
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 19:07:33
hey danny, and welcome
can't wait to see lil casper
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 18:49:43
Congratulations Danny!
Welcome to the Forum!
Make sure you leave Casper for a week to settle!
Cant wait to see pics!
xXx
Sammysnake Posted - 29/12/2009 : 18:34:06
Congratulations Danny, you must be well chuffed! Look forward to the piccies soon - just remember not to handle him for the first seven days whilst he settles in. It's really hard to do (I remember) but it really will help him to relax and get used to his new surroundings.

Merry Christmas!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000