The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hi

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dean54321 Posted - 28/12/2009 : 18:35:06
i am getting first snake tmoz whooo
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:29:19
Hello and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 13:00:36
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:

PS - thanks Chrissy for the encouragement (I will pay you later )

Kellog Posted - 30/12/2009 : 03:59:12
quote:
Originally posted by dean54321

thanks all for welcoming me to the forum thanks aspesially to kelloq for the advice just picked her up well i actully dont know its sex but the man in the shop thinks it a girl.it a silver queen corn i dont know what calln it so please leave any ideas
thanks
dean

So glad you have now got her Dean, and it sounds like Lightning is a perfect name for her!!

Cant wait to see pics of her once she is settled in.

xxx

PS - thanks Chrissy for the encouragement (I will pay you later )
n/a Posted - 29/12/2009 : 13:14:39
Kellog, i do love your detailed and informative welcomings, i could have done with one when i first joined

Dean, good to hear you got your first snakeling here is a post all about names, hopefully it will give you a few good ideas - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6673&SearchTerms=hiper2009

edit - ha seems you dont need the link then, Lightning is a good name ayy
dean54321 Posted - 29/12/2009 : 13:12:01
change of plan i have named it lightning cus of its speed
dean54321 Posted - 29/12/2009 : 12:18:01
thanks all for welcoming me to the forum thanks aspesially to kelloq for the advice just picked her up well i actully dont know its sex but the man in the shop thinks it a girl.it a silver queen corn i dont know what calln it so please leave any ideas
thanks
dean
lee2308 Posted - 29/12/2009 : 11:37:28
hi and welcome to the forum
Kellog Posted - 29/12/2009 : 03:19:31
Welcome to the forum Dean! You will find that this is a great forum with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also get lots of fun and friendship. We are a very friendly lot on here, as you have already found in our welcomes!! I am not sure how much information you already know about corns snake keeping, so sorry if I am repeating information you already know...but it is better heard twice than not at all.

Hopefully you know the one-week no handling rule. When you get your snake you need to leave it for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let it settle into its new surroundings by leaving it without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way it gets used to your smell.

Read the care sheet on here (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

Remember that no question is regarded as a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

When you get your snake I hope you get as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

I am surprised you havent already been told the unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible! This link should help you with that....http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and many start with one and go on to get more, while those of us who only stay with one watch jealously!

xxx
n/a Posted - 28/12/2009 : 20:08:16
Hey!
Welcome!
xXx
gingerpony Posted - 28/12/2009 : 19:51:11
heya and welcome
hillzi Posted - 28/12/2009 : 19:07:07
Wazza.
n/a Posted - 28/12/2009 : 18:49:15
hey dean, and welcome
gmac Posted - 28/12/2009 : 18:40:04