The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Just Saying Hi

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 23/12/2009 : 14:58:27
Hi to everyone on the forum
So glad i have found this forum.I am new to keeping snakes so forgive me
if i ask some silly questions along the way

I might try and get some pics up later of my first corn and see how they come out!

Thanks Rich.
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 14:32:02
Hello and welcome to the forum
hillzi Posted - 27/12/2009 : 23:19:43
Way it should be done.
gingerpony Posted - 27/12/2009 : 21:28:44
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

GP your'e cheeky.

i'm just telling it how it is hun
gmac Posted - 26/12/2009 : 17:23:05
hey and welcome
hillzi Posted - 26/12/2009 : 14:00:23
Hey mate.

GP your'e cheeky.
Flatpack63 Posted - 26/12/2009 : 12:56:44
Hiya and welcome.
HannahB Posted - 24/12/2009 : 23:01:05
hey and welcome
n/a Posted - 24/12/2009 : 17:47:49
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.
Having a good look round the forum a lot of good infomation.

Thanks Rich.
Kellog Posted - 24/12/2009 : 03:50:31
Welcome to the forum Rich! I am glad you found this forum too! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure what you already know about snakes, so apologies for if I am telling you stuff you already know, but better told twice than not at all.

Not sure how long you have had your corn but hope you were told the one-week rule - no handling or feeding for the first week after getting it. This gives it time to get over the stress of the move and get used to its new environment. All you should do is change the water daily and straighten the substrate, which means the snake has a chance to get used to your smell. If you are past this stage then sorry for the late advice!

The care sheet on here is very good (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. You can also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

No question asked on this forum is a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too! Use the search option in top right corner to get information and if you cant find the answer there then ask!!

I hope when you got your snake you got as much info as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!

Unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible! This link will help - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14

A warning - Keeping corns is very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while those of us who are not so lucky try to contain our jealousy!!

xxx

lee2308 Posted - 23/12/2009 : 21:48:26
hi rich and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 23/12/2009 : 21:15:36
hi Rich78, and welcome
n/a Posted - 23/12/2009 : 18:25:16
Hey and Welcome!
Im also a newbie to Snakes- Had mine now for about 4-5 weeks!
Everyone here is Really friendly!!
Cant wait to see pics!

xXx
gingerpony Posted - 23/12/2009 : 15:14:18
heya and welcome
n/a Posted - 23/12/2009 : 15:07:55
hello rich78 on this form it is full of experts from vets to experenced keeepers me personaly i am NOT a vet am no question is silly it is better to ask questions to keep snakey happy and health u will feel welcome and make loads of freinds it is the difference on the form from asking questions about things on hear or take snakey to the vets and get told the same thing as on here so feel free to ask as many questions as u like lookinf forward to seeing pics of snakey

***edited by GP for accuracy!!***

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000