The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/12/2009 : 20:44:31
Hello all, I did originally sign up for www.theroyalpython.co.uk when I was debating buying a Python but now I have bought a Carolina corn (my first snake).I thought I better do the right thing and become a member here. I'm picking her up this coming sunday and I've called her Beau. I can't wait! I feel like a kid at Christmas and I can't shut up about her. I'm well chuffed! Looking forward to talking to other Corn owners on here and sorry in advance if I bore anyone with my joy but I can't wait to get her!
Steve
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/12/2009 : 10:26:53
Hey!
Welcome!
xXx
gingerpony Posted - 19/12/2009 : 21:13:30
heya and welcome
hiper2009 Posted - 18/12/2009 : 17:43:47
Hello and welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 15/12/2009 : 18:59:26
Thanks alot for all the advice, I hadn't been told about the 1 week rule. No doubt when I pick her I'll be told but its good to know in advance. I'll get the pics up as soon as poss. I'm starting to feel bad that I can't feed Beau for a week when I get her, when I go and stay in a new place the first thing I want to do is try the food but rules are rules.
HannahB Posted - 15/12/2009 : 06:24:42
hey and welcome
look forwards to the piccies
Kellog Posted - 15/12/2009 : 01:45:11
Welcome to the forum Steve! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus, and dont worry....we can put up with your 'kid in a candy store' excitement! We are all like that about our corns, especially when we are just getting them. Not sure how much corn snake care and advice you have already been given but I would advise the following (in other words, here comes the boring part!!!):

1. Vitally important is that when you get Beau you need to leave her for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let her settle into her new surroundings by leaving her without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way she gets used to your smell.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet that Kehhlyr mentioned (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you get as much info about Beau when you get her....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary' for each of her, noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!

5. Unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible!

Once again, apologies for if you know all this already...but better heard twice than not heard at all! A warning - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You are about to take your first step down that path!!

xxx
LittleMick Posted - 14/12/2009 : 22:13:17
Hi Steve, welcome tot he forum matey. I got a Carolina as well, I got my setup about a week before the snakey, did some heat test etc.I yeah I was that little kid waiting for a prezzie as well, lol.

Welcome
gmac Posted - 14/12/2009 : 22:03:05
Hiya and welcome to the forum
tinamiles Posted - 14/12/2009 : 22:00:48
quote:
Originally posted by steve76

I have got one question, how do I stop getting so excited??? I feel like a right nutter, walking around at work with a big grin on my face! I've wanted a snake since I was 8 and now I'm 33 and I'm getting one!

i know how you feel. I always wanted one, but my dads terrified of them! got my first corn about 7 weeks ago now. Dont stop being excited, its a good feeling!!!
n/a Posted - 14/12/2009 : 21:28:34
angel1979, funny you should say about shoes because I did debate buying a pair of baby's shoes for Beau to use as a hiding place.
n/a Posted - 14/12/2009 : 21:21:31
I have got one question, how do I stop getting so excited??? I feel like a right nutter, walking around at work with a big grin on my face! I've wanted a snake since I was 8 and now I'm 33 and I'm getting one!
Kehhlyr Posted - 14/12/2009 : 21:07:46
Hello and welcome to the forum Steve.
I'm assuming you got a vast amount of info from TRP in regards pythons, have a flicky through the care sheet on here as well to make sure you've got all you need, info and equipment wise, and if you have any questions, let us know.
n/a Posted - 14/12/2009 : 21:05:24
hi there i know how you feel i pick up my first corn about a week ago. Like u hes all i can talk about hes great but he did give me a fright as he escape from his viv a couple of days after i got him. But lucky enought i found him a few days later curled up in one of my hubbys shoes apart from being a bit hungrey and cold he was fine javascript:insertsmilie('')

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000