The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hello every one.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
headlow Posted - 10/12/2009 : 17:40:43
Hello there. I got my first snake, a Mexican milk last year, and since then I have caught the bug. I've since picked up a Mexi Black, and I pick up my first Corn on Saturday.
I think he/her is about a year and a half old, and is a Caramel corn. I'll post some pics once I get the snake settled in.

All the best,

Justin
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 20/12/2009 : 18:38:53
frai Posted - 20/12/2009 : 17:04:20
hi ya
n/a Posted - 20/12/2009 : 10:23:00
Hey!
Welcome!
Cant wait to see the pic!
xXx
hiper2009 Posted - 18/12/2009 : 17:50:32
Hello and welcome to the forum
hillzi Posted - 11/12/2009 : 19:19:14
Hello.
HannahB Posted - 11/12/2009 : 18:27:32
hey and welcome
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 11/12/2009 : 16:14:02
Welcome to the forum Justin, you'll love Corn snakes they are much different from Kings and Milks
headlow Posted - 11/12/2009 : 15:05:36
Thanks for the warm welcome folks :)
kizzig Posted - 11/12/2009 : 08:12:59
Hi and welcome!
Kellog Posted - 11/12/2009 : 01:56:05
Welcome to the forum Justin! Not sure if you are a user of our sister sites but you will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Am so pleased you are doing some research before you collect your corn. Am sure you know loads already from owning your Mexican milk and Mexican black but I am going to treat you like a Newbie and would still advise the following:(sorry if it is repeating what you already know but it is better heard twice than not at all!!):

1. Very early advise but important, when you get your snake you need to leave it for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let it settle into its new surroundings by leaving it without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way it gets used to your smell.

2. Read the care sheet on here (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. When you do get your snake you need to get as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. Unwritten forum rule (bit early for you at the moment) - pics as soon as possible!

Am sure you cant wait to get your snake and finding out the difference between corns and your others! You have already become addicted to snakes but I will warn you thatcorn snakes are even more addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You havent started down the corn path yet so be warned!!

xxx
lee2308 Posted - 10/12/2009 : 22:00:24
hi mate and welcome
LittleMick Posted - 10/12/2009 : 20:19:06
Hi Justin, welcome to the forum.
gmac Posted - 10/12/2009 : 18:39:01
hiya and welcome to the forum
gingerpony Posted - 10/12/2009 : 17:58:55
heya and welcome over here too

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000