The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 hello

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 09/12/2009 : 11:21:19
hi there everyone,became the very proud owner or should that be keeper of a corn snake on sunday ,think she is female and around 2months old will include a pic when i figure out how too lol
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 18/12/2009 : 18:41:05
Hey.

I think you'll find a few 'improvisers' on here, my corns got a cheerio's and biscuit box modified for hides.

hiper2009 Posted - 18/12/2009 : 17:51:08
Hello and welcome to the forum
kizzig Posted - 11/12/2009 : 08:16:13
Hi and welcome!
LittleMick Posted - 10/12/2009 : 20:20:50
Hi John, welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 10/12/2009 : 16:51:06
Hello!!
Welcome!
xx
Kellog Posted - 10/12/2009 : 02:43:45
Welcome to the forum John! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much advice you were given when you got Flake, so I am sorry if I am repeating stuff you already know but it is better heard twice than not at all! I would advise the following:

1. As you got Flake on Sunday it means she is in the one-week hands off period, which is very frustrating but vital. You need to leave her for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let her settle into her new surroundings by leaving her without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way she gets used to your smell.

2. This care sheet is really helpful (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question asked on this forum is a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on Flake when you got her....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!

5. You have already complied with the unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible! Flake is beautiful.

I will repeat the warning already given - Keeping corns is very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while those of us who are not so lucky try to contain our jealousy!!

By the way, nice water bowl!!

xxx
gmac Posted - 09/12/2009 : 20:49:04
welcome to the forum John and nice snakey,
HannahB Posted - 09/12/2009 : 18:52:18
hey and welcome
cute little snake - nice water bowl!
but like Jo has said they are addictive!
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 09/12/2009 : 14:32:05
pretty looking little snakey!

beware, they get addictive!!!
n/a Posted - 09/12/2009 : 12:51:01
hope it works this time lol
lee2308 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 12:40:46
hi and welcome
gingerpony Posted - 09/12/2009 : 11:52:38
heya and welcome

and congrats on your purchase. if the 'bowl' is an appropriate size and doesn't tip up i'm open to improvisation
n/a Posted - 09/12/2009 : 11:44:20
she goes by the name flake ,and obviously likes here drinking bowl,tho i think i'll get her something more appropriate than an ash tray but hey it was only 30p lol

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000