The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hiya everyone!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 08/12/2009 : 23:20:04
Hi, my names Kelly im 22yrs old. Ive always wanted a snake. My partner bought me 2 hatchling corn snakes on sunday for xmas.. I dont know much about them but im gettin there..!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 18/12/2009 : 18:39:24
Hey there.
hiper2009 Posted - 18/12/2009 : 17:52:33
Hello and welcome to the forum
kizzig Posted - 11/12/2009 : 08:15:20
Hi and welcome!
LittleMick Posted - 10/12/2009 : 20:22:46
Hi Kelly,welcome to the forum
n/a Posted - 10/12/2009 : 12:23:10
I have actually noticed them comin out now. This mornin after i fed my daughter i looked in on the snakes an they was both on the brachnes... Also one of the snakes if i take lid off an put my hand near the top of the faun the snake actually comes to me and slides up the faun and over top on to hand.. :-)
Kellog Posted - 10/12/2009 : 02:34:02
Sounds like you are doing really well kelly.

So glad you have separated them, it is great that you have looked at the offered advice and seen how dangerous it can be. Well done for putting your snakes health and welfare 1st.

It will take them time to adjust because they have been living together and are now seperate, so it will take a bit of adjustment time. But just give them time to settle in again, as though they were new, with a week of no handling or feeding....then begin slowly with them, washing your hands between handling each snake. When you do handle them keep it to a few minutes to begin with, then as you get used to handling them and they get used to being handled by you, you can increase the time of the handling.

Hope it is all going well. You have already shown what a good owner you are by your actions!

xxx
n/a Posted - 09/12/2009 : 23:04:43
Yeah maybe soo.. Like when they was together i moved them from my house to my parents for xmas.. And basically one was onthe bottom and one was on the side near the top movin round.. Today i took lid off one at a time and just changed water and sat watchin them. My younger cousin was lookin with me as shes not seen them before. And one actually slid up the faun and poked head out bout 5cms long. i put hand near but due to counsin movin an scarin he/she shot back in faun under wood chips.. They are happy tho.. esp since i put a plastic bush in each faun..
HannahB Posted - 09/12/2009 : 18:45:48
hey and welcome
its good that you have separated them - they will start to come out more when they have settled in - make sure you leave them for a week to settle into their own homes, they probably came out a lot before they were separated because they were both competing for the best space so wherever one went the other followed
n/a Posted - 09/12/2009 : 14:52:02
Hi. Thanx for all your messages.. To kellog, yeah i do have two my partner bought them both becasue they was together in the faun at the store. An he we thought it would be mean to split them up. But with reasearch i have since found its best to separate them, so i received them sunday and separated them yesterday... They seem happy enough.. Altho i noticed when they was together they did come out but they are hardly out now.. But im sure its better safe than sorry..
lee2308 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 12:39:55
hi and welcome
gingerpony Posted - 09/12/2009 : 11:53:00
heya and welcome
n/a Posted - 09/12/2009 : 07:46:42
Hello!
xXx
Kellog Posted - 09/12/2009 : 04:02:11
Welcome to the forum Kelly! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much snake care and advice you have been given when you got your hatchlings and I am so pleased you are trying to find out what you can as quickly as you can. I would advise the following:

1. Vitally important is that you need to leave your hatchlings for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let them settle into their new surroundings by leaving them without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way they gets used to your smell.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet on here (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info about your hatchlings when you got them....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary' for each of them, noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!

5. Unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible!

I know you have already started out with 2 (are they in the same viv??) but I will warn you that corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have only just started down that path!!

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 08/12/2009 : 23:56:00
Hello and welcome to the forum.
gmac Posted - 08/12/2009 : 23:45:06
Hey Kelly and welcome to the forum.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000