The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Another new guy. HELLO

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 08/12/2009 : 20:29:27
so hey it's nothing new. but it must be pleasing to see corn snakes being so popular.
We havent got our snake yet, but we've chosen a snake and we hope to call him Zeusie and he's about six months old.
there's nothing more we can really say, except that we hope this forum will come in handy in the months and years to come.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kizzig Posted - 11/12/2009 : 08:14:36
Hi and welcome!
LittleMick Posted - 10/12/2009 : 20:24:48
Hey Zeusie, welcome to the forum, it should comein handy lots, I have found it gret so far.
HannahB Posted - 09/12/2009 : 18:53:24
hey and welcome
lee2308 Posted - 09/12/2009 : 12:41:52
hi and welcome
Kellog Posted - 09/12/2009 : 04:09:41
Welcome to the forum Zeusie! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Am so pleased you are doing some research before you collect your snake. I would advise the following (sorry if it is repeating what you already know but it is better heard twice than not at all!!):

1. Very early advise but important, when you get your snake you need to leave it for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let it settle into its new surroundings by leaving it without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way it gets used to your smell.

2. Read the care sheet on here (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. When you do get your snake you need to get as much info about it as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. Unwritten forum rule (bit early for you at the moment) - pics as soon as possible!

Am sure you cant wait to get your snake and it is great that you are researching it before getting it! Too many people just walk into a pet shop and walk out with a snake, knowing nothing about it. But I will warn you that corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You havent started down that path yet so be warned!!

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 08/12/2009 : 21:57:26
hello and welcome
hillzi Posted - 08/12/2009 : 21:49:09
hello.
gingerpony Posted - 08/12/2009 : 21:22:43
heya and welcome
n/a Posted - 08/12/2009 : 20:32:30
Hey!
Welcome!
xXx
gmac Posted - 08/12/2009 : 20:31:10
hey Zeusie and welcome to the forum, what morph have you decided on.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000