The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 Hi

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 06/12/2009 : 00:44:11
hi im new to just about every thing but my outher half has kept snakes for 18 years but after finding this site i now hav a better idea on my new snake but i am now kinda confused as to wot type of corn snake she is but im still going with chocolate corn
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 08/12/2009 : 01:20:30
Hello and welcome to the forum
lucifer Posted - 07/12/2009 : 20:33:22
Welcome to the forums
n/a Posted - 07/12/2009 : 00:20:33
thanks guys when i got her i got a record sheet with all her feeds and shed exct added bonus for the pet shop i got her from is that the person who owns the shop has losts of experienci with exotic animals including meercats and my snake came from hatchlings that 1 of his snakes had i still hav diary and im using it i also got a blank copy whicj i can photo copy wen i need 2 the outher half sold the snakes she had a few years ago when she had her son because he has autism and i bought her a garter snake last valantines as a pressy as her son is 6 and now understands more than he would of but shes had several diff snakes includin a couple of corns nd her dad kept snakes for years so she kinda got sum of his experience but as she is a taxi driver im left on my own alot and wanted to find some info my self as id prefer 2 learn as much as i can my self but its handy living with some one whos has kept all manor of snakes for 18 years i will be posting pics later when i can find some than i have thanks again
lee2308 Posted - 07/12/2009 : 00:08:25
hi and welcome to the forum
gmac Posted - 06/12/2009 : 22:34:19
heya and welcome
HannahB Posted - 06/12/2009 : 17:40:05
hey and welcome
look forwards to helping you identify your snake
lmfastcars Posted - 06/12/2009 : 12:54:42
Hey, Looking foward to the pictures
x
gingerpony Posted - 06/12/2009 : 12:48:08
if only it was real chocolate
n/a Posted - 06/12/2009 : 09:59:13
Hello!!
Cant wait to see pics opf your chocolate snake!
xx
gingerpony Posted - 06/12/2009 : 06:42:48
heya and welcome

a 'chocolate corn' will be a fancy new name for an already established morph, try having a look on the 'morph bible' http://iansvivarium.com/cornmorphs.php
Kellog Posted - 06/12/2009 : 00:57:34
Welcome to the forum choc_corn! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. I know your other half has had a lot of experience with snakes, but it is great that you are trying to find out as much as you can yourself. Not sure how much snake care and advice you have been given when you got your snake but I would advise the following:

1. Not sure how long you have had your snake but you need to leave it for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let it settle into its new surroundings by leaving it without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way it gets used to your smell.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question asked on this forum is a silly question.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on your snake when you got it....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!

5. Unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible! These will be even more important if you are trying to find out what sort of morph your snake is. Checkout this http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=14 to see how to post pics.

I am sorry if I have repeated stuff you have already learnt from your OH, but it is better told twice than not at all. I am not sure whether your OH has any corns at the moment but would be interested to find out. Keeping corns are very addictive....most of us start out with one and the lucky ones move on from there while those of us who are not so lucky try to contain our jealousy!!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000