The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 new to this

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/12/2009 : 20:03:11
Hi
we just got our first snake, thought it best to join a forum and get all the best info. Will post some pics as soon as Elmo is settled =)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 02/12/2009 : 01:32:28
Welcome to the forum Logan! You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much snake care and advice you have been given when you got Elmo but I would advise the following, some of which has been covered by HannahB already:

1. Sounds like you know about leaving Elmo for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let him settle into his new surroundings by leaving him without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way he gets used to your smell.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet that HannahB suggested (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. Again as HannahB said but definitely worth repeating is that no question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got as much info on Elmo when you got him....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!

5. Unwritten forum rule- pics as soon as possible!

But I will warn you that corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have only just started down that path!!

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 01/12/2009 : 23:11:48
Hello and welcome
gmac Posted - 01/12/2009 : 22:27:57
hiya and welcome to the forum, looking forward to piccys
gingerpony Posted - 01/12/2009 : 21:30:32
heya and welcome
hillzi Posted - 01/12/2009 : 21:16:23
hey and welcome there.
n/a Posted - 01/12/2009 : 20:25:10
Hello!
Im a Newbie as well!
Your in the best place- the guys here are Fantastic!
xx
HannahB Posted - 01/12/2009 : 20:09:03
hey and welcome
best place to start is to read this http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm has all the need to know bits and bobs - feel free to ask any q's - nothing is deemed silly or unimportant
remember to leave little elmo for a week to settle in properly and we look forwards to the pics

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000