The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Welcome
 Introductions
 newbie :))))

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:02:32
hi alll im clare, was given a corn snake about a month ago, after agreein to look after her, but got attatched, and now she mine :)))
gonna be after loadsa advice lol

clare
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 19:10:56
Hey and welcome to the forum
a33272 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 16:52:02
hello *waves
HannahB Posted - 01/12/2009 : 13:31:39
hey and welcome
n/a Posted - 01/12/2009 : 13:20:21
ive popped some pics in the general section, ill get some more up later!

I sure did do the one week rule when i got her, as my fella knows loas about snakes and he now owns his own milk snake, i not sure how it spelt but hes got a hundroruim or something milk lol

I WAS SCARED OF SNAKE 6 WEEKS AGO, AND SAID ID NEVER HAVE ONE NEAR ME, LET ALONE OWN ONE HAHAHA

but she is far from scarey! thanks to her and my fella, they have got me over that fear lol
and yes ive become very addicted now, and once i sort things like bigger tank n stand for cuddles, ill be thinking about getting another one haha, but the next one wil be a baby, so then i know when it wa born, and all about it that time around!

cheers for the welcome guys, i gotta say im lovin the forum, i came accross it by google, but will be letting more people know about it :)))))
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 01/12/2009 : 12:48:13
Hello and welcome!

Get some piccies up of your snake we love to see them
Kellog Posted - 01/12/2009 : 03:36:45
Welcome to the forum femalespecies. You will find that this is a great place with lots of experienced owners happy to give their advice and support. You also gets lots of fun and friendship as a bonus. Not sure how much snake care you know but I would advise the following:

1. This doesnt apply to you as you have had YOUR snake for over a week, but I hope you did the one week rule. If not and you are having any handling problems then it would be wise to do it now. You need to leave her for a week to get over the stress of moving to your house and let her settle into her new surroundings by leaving her without handling or feeding for a week. Only put your hand in daily to change water and straighten substrate, that way she gets used to your smell.

2. Make sure you read the care sheet on here (http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/corn_snake_care_sheet.htm), lots of information for new snake owners. Also read this topic on 'Your 1st Snake' http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

3. No question is regarded as a silly question on here.....it is much better asked and answered, you will probably find others who want the info too!

4. I hope you got/can get as much info about her as possible....shedding history, feeding history etc. Start your own 'Snake Diary', noting things like weight, length, feeding dates and what you feed, shedding dates, health problems. I know it seems a bit over the top but it is actually really helpful keeping track of your snake's health - I even note when Kellog poos!!

5. Unwritten forum rule - pics as soon as possible!!

I am not surprised at all that you looked after a corn and now dont want to give her back, I am surprised her previous owner was willing to give her up! Be warned though - corn snakes are addictive.....and yes, the majority of us have stood up, said "hello my name is **** and I am addicted to corns........! And I am proud of it!" You have now started down that path!!

xxx
n/a Posted - 30/11/2009 : 23:15:21
cheers for the welcome, and the info :)))
great help

clare
gmac Posted - 30/11/2009 : 22:46:58
hiya and welcome to the forum
Kehhlyr Posted - 30/11/2009 : 22:38:22
Hello and welcome
hillzi Posted - 30/11/2009 : 22:10:25
No arguments here!

Hey and welcome there. Glad someone knows what species theyr'e from..

gingerpony Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:50:39
replied on your other thread already
n/a Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:32:56
cheers peeps, just needs to get lil bit advice on her now, save arguements hahahahaha
gingerpony Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:08:40
heya and welcome
n/a Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:03:52
Hello!
Im a Newbie to Snakes and also to the Forum!
Your in the best Place! These guys are incredibly knowledgeable!!
xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000